mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Apparently the rumblings are that the Twins have been in contact with the agents for Dallas Keuchel and Craig Kimbrel. These aren't your Dad's Minnesota Twins, kids. And I for one like it.

I've heard the same thing. Gotta strike while the iron is hot. No reason to not go for it all at this point.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
They might be OK if they just take the word "Fighting" out of the equation. Nasty stereotype.
Just prior to some Super Bowl, somebody penned a letter stating that, "As a Christian, I am offended by the nickname Lions and demand that they change the name of their mascot as lions have committed unspeakable atrocities against Christians." (this is not an exact quote). All the sportswriters were outraged that political correctness and sensitivity had gone too far. It turns out the letter was a complete troll job and worked exactly as it was intended to work.

I think that may have been the same Super Bowl that Downtown Julie Brown asked Emmit Smith, "If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?". I probably should have a better appreciation for whatever Super Bowl that was.

• Funny
Reactions: SCyclone

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Just prior to some Super Bowl, somebody penned a letter stating that, "As a Christian, I am offended by the nickname Lions and demand that they change the name of their mascot as lions have committed unspeakable atrocities against Christians." (this is not an exact quote). All the sportswriters were outraged that political correctness and sensitivity had gone too far. It turns out the letter was a complete troll job and worked exactly as it was intended to work.

I think that may have been the same Super Bowl that Downtown Julie Brown asked Emmit Smith, "If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?". I probably should have a better appreciation for whatever Super Bowl that was.

I see this as an upcoming thread title.

Reactions: jcyclonee

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
After that catch and throw by Byron Buxton the other day, I think I have a new man crush.

Sorry Bradley Cooper. You're out.
Its been so much fun to watch Bux out there this year. He's playing the defense we've all known he could (without putting his body out on a limb so often), he is having good/meaningful at bats that even when he isn't getting on he is battling at the plate and seeing the ball well, also he is getting hits consistently (Most doubles in AL) and then on top of that he seems to be enjoying himself out there. Always smiling and always playing hard.

I'm in the Byron Buxton is my man crush camp as well haha

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Its been so much fun to watch Bux out there this year. He's playing the defense we've all known he could (without putting his body out on a limb so often), he is having good/meaningful at bats that even when he isn't getting on he is battling at the plate and seeing the ball well, also he is getting hits consistently (Most doubles in AL) and then on top of that he seems to be enjoying himself out there. Always smiling and always playing hard.

I'm in the Byron Buxton is my man crush camp as well haha
He seems more focused but less intense if that makes any sense.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
It looks like someone hung up a Byron Buxton poster on the centerfield wall

1559569468_10004681+Twins+Rays+Baseball.JPG

But here's the play JC was talking about in case anyone missed it:

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
That is a fantastic image. You can see that he's already transitioning his weight to make the throw.

According to the Star Tribune, Marwin Gonzalez was yelling at Bux to throw to first to double the runner off. Stats said the throw traveled 303 feet at 97MPH. I doubt anyone on the Twins' staff throws that hard.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
According to the Star Tribune, Marwin Gonzalez was yelling at Bux to throw to first to double the runner off. Stats said the throw traveled 303 feet at 97MPH. I doubt anyone on the Twins' staff throws that hard.

Hopefully plays like this helps Buc win his second platinum glove.

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
A very average Indians team has really made the Twins relievers look silly. It's only two games, but the weak link is getting exposed. Hope the trade talks are heating up.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Apparently the rumblings are that the Twins have been in contact with the agents for Dallas Keuchel and Craig Kimbrel. These aren't your Dad's Minnesota Twins, kids. And I for one like it.
Put them both in the pen please

Last edited:

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Put them both in the pen please

Sure could have used Kimbrel last night. He agreed to terms with the Cubs, sounds like the Twins were in the right ballpark for salary, but the Cubs gave him 3 years with an option for a 4th, Twins only offered 2. I think Keuchel agreed to terms with the Yanks.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Sure could have used Kimbrel last night. He agreed to terms with the Cubs, sounds like the Twins were in the right ballpark for salary, but the Cubs gave him 3 years with an option for a 4th, Twins only offered 2. I think Keuchel agreed to terms with the Yanks.

What was the actual Twins offer?
Never thought the Twins would be able to outbid the Cub$, Yankee$, Red So$, or Dodger$ for either guy.