2018-19 All Big12 Teams MBB --Way to early Guesses.

StevieISU23

Oct 31, 2007
Urbandale
Whats your guesses of the 2018-19 All Big12 MBB teams?

Last years teams were very Senior/1-Done Driven, very few carrier-overs-

(Full disclaimer, Not real solid on the potential of incoming freshman/transfers)

Players that could be considered (feel free to add others):
ISU: Wiggington^, Lard^, Babb
KU: Newman, Vick^, Azubuike*
BU: Vital
KSU: Brown*, Wade*, Sneed
OK: McNease, McGusty
OkSt: McGriff, Waters
TCU: Robinson, Fisher, Bane
Texas: Jones, Roach^, Coleman^, Osetkowski^
Tech: Zh Smith^
WV: Ahmad, Bolden, Konate*

* 2018 All Big12 Team
^ 2018 HM Big12 Team

1st Team
Wiggington G ISU
Brown G KSU
Konote F WV
Wade F KSU
Azubuike C KU

2nd Team
Newman G KU
McGriff G OkSt
Fisher G TCU
Zh. Smith F Tech
Osetkowski F Texas

3rd Team
Babb G ISU
Robinson G TCU
Ahmad F WV
Lard F ISU
McNease F OK

Who you Got???????????

Go!

Reactions: Doc

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Is this preseason or end of the year predictions?

Heres my guess for end of season

First team:

Barry Brown
Malik Newman
Zharie Smith
Dean Wade
Dedric Lawson

Second Team:
Lindell Wigginton
Desmond Bane
Jarrett Culver
Sagaba Konate
Udoka Azubuike

Third Team:
Jaylen Fisher
Marial Shayok
Lagerald Vick
Cameron McGriff
Dylan Osetkowski

Honorable Mention:
Esa Ahmad
Kerwin Roach
Alex Robinson
Cameron Lard
Mario Kegler
Talen Horton-Tucker
Kamau Stokes
Matt Coleman
Jericho Sims
Quentin Grimes
Kameron McGusty
Christian James

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
If we are predicting preseason All Big 12 teams, I wouldn't be surprised if ISU doesn't have anyone on the first few teams as we didn't have a good year the season before. I think good players on good teams would get the nod ahead of Wigginton/Lard/Shayok/etc. Wouldn't surprise me one bit either to see Quentin Grimes make first or second team.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
Newman and Doke are probably gone after this season. Newman has kids (from what I head) and not sure his stock will be any higher if he stays. He raised his pro stock after his Big12 and NCAA touney performance, probably it's best for him to go.

Doke is 50/50. He is raw and has a huge upside that NBA typically loves. Adding his injuries last couple of seasons, I am not sure if he wants to stick around for another season.

Lawson brothers and Charlie Moore will be on the list somewhere.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
If Lindell has a season in which he is unequivocally 1st team all big 12, we very well may need to find a different PG for the following year.

• Agree

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Lindell is probably the best bet to get on 1st team.

Think a few have potential to get 2nd or 3rd team, but I don't think ISU gets more than 1 or 2 on the first 3 teams.

For KU it probably depends on who stays and who goes. Would think Azubuike, both Lawsons and one of incoming 5 stars probably get on the list.

• Agree
Reactions: Stereotype

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Have no idea on teams but I would bet Lawson is on the first team and player of the year.

I think Wigginton, Lard, Shayok and Babb will all be in contention for different teams if they are all here and no injuries.

• Agree

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I could see Dedric Lawson being PoY, and I can also see Self getting frustrated with him and playing some stiff he found on the street instead.

I'll be very happy if Lindell is good enough to be first team, but I think 2nd or 3rd is more likely.

I expect McGusty and/or James to blow up now that Trae Young is gone. I also think a couple dark horses to sneak on a team would be Teddy Allen from WVU and the Weathers PG at Oklahoma State.

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
Names italicized are guys I think could realistically not be back next year.

1st Team
Lindell Wiggington G ISU
Barry Brown Jr. G KSU
Dean Wade F KSU
Dedric Lawson F KU
Udoka Azubuike C KU

2nd Team
Jaylen Fisher G TCU
Zhaire Smith G Tech
Jarrett Culver G Texas Tech
Sags Konate F WVU
Dylan Osetkowski F Texas

3rd Team
Kerwin Roach G Texas
LaGerald Vick G KU
Xavier Sneed G KSU
Esa Ahmad F WVU
Cam Lard F ISU

HM:
Quentin Grimes G KU
Charlie Moore KU
Matt Coleman G Texas
Nick Weiler-Babb G ISU
Marial Shayok G ISU
Christian James G OK
Brady Manek F OK
Alex Robinson G TCU
Desmond Bane G TCU
King McClure G Bay
Mario Kegler Bay
Cam McGriff G Ok State

Pretty certain KU and KSU will have multiple players on the top 2 teams. If Dok is gone, I'd probably move up one of the Tech freshmen to 1st team.

Pretty certain Baylor and OK State will be the worst 2 teams in the conference and might have no players on the top 3 teams because of that.

I had a tough time picking some between 3rd team and HM. A lot will depend on the decisions on the guys in italics.

Last edited:

KKramer

Sep 25, 2017
What are Sagaba Konate's pro prospects? Dude has all the skills and athleticism to be a productive NBA post player, he's just not super tall. I would not be surprised to see him test the waters this offseason too.

If he stays, gotta think he's a 1st teamer.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Newman and Doke are probably gone after this season. Newman has kids (from what I head) and not sure his stock will be any higher if he stays. He raised his pro stock after his Big12 and NCAA touney performance, probably it's best for him to go.

Doke is 50/50. He is raw and has a huge upside that NBA typically loves. Adding his injuries last couple of seasons, I am not sure if he wants to stick around for another season.

I'm not really sure that Doke is much of exciting NBA prospect. Maybe 10 years ago. Can't shoot, can't pass, can't guard a lot of the 5s in the league right now. He'll be great at KU, but I don't see NBA GMs being super excited about his ability to develop a jump shot or guard some of these team's pick and rolls.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
I think Matt Coleman will be on there somewhere. Really like that kids game.

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017

I hope they both leave

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron