Misc: 2016 Masters Tournament

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Picking Louis Oosthuizen to win this year. I like Phil and Bubba as well for there ability to hit the ball right to left.

Who do you have? Is it not exciting without Tiger playing?

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Picking Louis Oosthuizen to win this year. I like Phil and Bubba as well for there ability to hit the ball right to left.

Who do you have? Is it not exciting without Tiger playing?
I think Tiger only adds to the excitement when he is in the top 20 or so, which seldom happens. The Masters are a tournament that generate their own excitement, more so than the other majors.

I'm taking Jason Day to win it.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
This tournament is going to be great!

The top players in the world are all playing well right now. 5 of the top 7 have wins already this year. Phil is currently leading the tour in scoring average. I love this week!

I'm picking Day to win but Phil is my dark horse if you can consider Phil a dark horse.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I won't lie, I'm slightly less interested without Tiger. Not sure why, but he brings my eyeballs to the TV. I'll still definitely watch though. My top 5: Zach Johnson, Spieth, Jason Day, Brant Snedeker, and I think Phil is in contention as well.

If I have to go with a winner, I'm going to go with Day.

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
Sounds like it will favor the ball strikers with the wind predicted. How has Zach been playing as of late?

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
It's going to be cold and windy this weekend. That eliminates Bubba, he hates bad weather.

Day is playing some great golf right now, he is the favorite. I also like hideki Matsuyama[FONT=Segoe UI, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. [/FONT]My dark horse is Mathew Fitzpatrick!!!!

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
No mention of Adam Scott yet. Previous winner and he's won twice already this year. He should be in contention all week.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
It's crazy how much of a mental game you need with Augusta. That course has an allure to it that can leave you wide-eyed.

Golf to me is so mental....anyone who is hitting well and keeping an even keel can have a chance. However, I agree ball-strikers seem to fair decent at this course. I'm excited to see the scores with the inclement weather I've been hearing about. I love the majors where you barely see anyone break par.

hoiballin33

Nov 7, 2014
Prediction: I will flip this on in the afternoon and proceed to take a glorious hour long nap on the couch.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
If it is going to be windy I will take Zach and Jordan.

If the wind isn't as bad as what we are hearing now. Jason Day, Rory, Scott and Fowler all have a shot.

Phil always have a chance but I don't like him or Bubba to contend if the wind is bad.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Does anyone else think Phil was taking a shot at Tiger with his comments about "violent swings"?

He was taking a shot at a lot of people there. Phil always thinks his way of doing things is the right way and the only way even though he has the fraction of the resume Tiger has and will have a fraction of the resume of Spieth, McIlroy and Day.

I suppose it's sort of a feather in his cap that he's playing and Tiger isn't, though. He has to relish that.