2014-15 Non Conference Schedule

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
I guess I don't see how it's that much worse than last year. There will be at least 1 more game against a power conference team than last year's non-con schedule. I know there isn't a team the quality of Michigan on there yet, but there very well could be another power conference school we don't know about.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
It's missing a headliner, but otherwise a decent enough schedule.

MuseumFaux

May 9, 2014
Ames
Is that last open date definitely going to be filled? How are total games played in a season decided?

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Now that it's not even a warm-up for the Cy-Hawk game, the Big 4 Classic seems even dumber and more pointless than it did before.

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
I'm really excited for the games I'll get to see this season.

Game 1 of CBE
Game 2 of CBE
2-3 Home Games
@KU
@KSU
One more random roadtrip
Big 12 Tournament

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Not a great sched but not terrible. The homes late is pretty poor though.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Something I just noticed: Unless that Unknown Game is moved to Dec. 6 or Dec. 27 (and assuming no back-to-back game days), there will be no non-conference Saturday games at Hilton.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
i don't understand all the whining about our schedule every year. who in their right mind wants to come to ames and take on hoiberg in hilton? nobody. the michigan game was a fluke in that it was schedule immediately when fred got the job and isu stunk.

our future schedules will have iowa, a good nonconf tourney (getting better as we get better), and hopefully good opponents from teh conference challenges. there's not much else iowa state can do abou it.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
i don't understand all the whining about our schedule every year. who in their right mind wants to come to ames and take on hoiberg in hilton? nobody. the michigan game was a fluke in that it was schedule immediately when fred got the job and isu stunk.

our future schedules will have iowa, a good nonconf tourney (getting better as we get better), and hopefully good opponents from teh conference challenges. there's not much else iowa state can do abou it.

I think people thought the Michigan game and our national attention lately meant a Michigan-level game was going to be the norm going forward.

Clone1138

Apr 18, 2013
Central Iowa

That's fine, I don't have any problem going into the conference games undefeated from now on.

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
Yeah.

I hope Cyclone fans pack the Sprint Center. There's no reason we shouldn't. It's before Thanksgiving, close to Ames, against BCS teams... go!

My wife and I are going with my parents. I'm stoked. Went to the Big 12 tourney this year, and I fully expect to have seen 5 straight wins at the Sprint Center come November.

MuseumFaux

May 9, 2014
Ames
The ISU men's basketball FB page posted an advert for CBE tickets as buy 3 get 1 free. Not that tickets are all that expensive to begin with, but I hope that drives some more ticket sales for the tourney. I still don't know if I can make it down, but I sure hope to. Go Cyclones!!