NFL: *** 1st round Draft Thread ***

Discussion in 'Pro Sports' started by Cyclones_R_GR8, Apr 27, 2017.

1. jbindm

jbindm Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Des Moines
    Watt has been kind of flying under the radar. And it's weird, because it feels like he's going to be the guy we look at in a few years and wonder how he fell out or almost out of the first round. Productive against big time competition, still plenty of room to improve, and tested really well at the combine. The only thing that would give me pause is the knee injury history. But if you can get past that he's a tremendous edge rush prospect.

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. CloneGuy8

CloneGuy8 Active Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I'd be happy if the Bears got either Adams from LSU or Thomas from Stanford. Need to upgrade the D

3. jbindm

jbindm Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Des Moines
    They couldn't say yes fast enough. My impression is that Cleveland doesn't really love Garrett or Trubisky, and if they got a decent offer for the #1 pick they'd take it in a heartbeat.

The thing about the Browns is that while they will eventually need a QB, it's not like that's the missing piece of the puzzle. They have holes all over the roster. Build up the roster, keep accumulating draft capital, and when your franchise QB comes along then make your move. Why reach on a question mark like Trubisky?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Cyclones_R_GR8

Cyclones_R_GR8 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Omaha
    What does 2017 bring for Cleveland?
    [​IMG]

I guess reports are now that they will be taking Myles Garrett and not Mitch Trubisky. I wonder if they are going to package that 12th pick with one or two of their other picks to try to move up.

5. SCyclone

SCyclone Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    Fort Dodge, IA
    If the Packers don't get Watt, I hope they can land Kevin King from Washington (CB). He's 6'3" and ran a 4.47.

6. CTTB78

CTTB78 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2006
    Who knows- if the O lineman they have on their board is still there in the high 20s, maybe Trader Rick will deal into the first round to get him.