Stainless Steel Tailgating Grill

domisgod

Apr 10, 2006
Ankeny, Iowa
Anyone looking for a new tailgating/small grill?

My father in-law's company had a bunch of these in their warehouse and they're selling them at a discount to get rid of them. They are all stainless steel construction and come with both the long and short legs. The grill is designed for use with a 20lb propane tank, but I figure you can use an adapter to connect to the camping size tank as well.

I purchased one for myself as well, and these things are very well built. The cooking surface is roughly 13" x 22", which is larger than the small Coleman type gas grills but IMO is a great size for a normal tailgate. The grill has a full stainless drip tray beneath the cooking grate surface, so it cooks using indirect heat and doesn't flare up. Because of the valve on said tray, you can also fill the tray with water for smoking/steaming, and there is a chip tray directly above the burners that will hold hickory or any other wood you'd like to use for smoking. I haven't personally tried the grill as a smoker yet, but it cooked my steaks and chicken very well!

I had my father in law get me 5 more of these brand new in the box. Supposedly they retailed for around $400 when his company was selling them. I don't know that I would ever consider paying that much, but the discounted price of $100 I got them for is definitely reasonable for how well built they are. This grill is built such that it should certainly last me for the rest of my tailgating future. I figured a few of my friends or co-workers would want one, but I still have 3 available that I'd like someone to get some use out of. I'd love to pass them on to some fellow Cyclones for tailgating!

Attached is a pic from the North Carolina company that manufactures them. Please PM me if you would like more information or if you are interested. I will have mine at my Spring game tailgate, and I could bring the rest if people would like to pick them up then. Thanks!:smile:

domisgod

Apr 10, 2006
Ankeny, Iowa
Bump.

I don't want to run this thing into the ground, but I thought I'd keep it toward the top for a few days to see if anyone is interested.

domisgod

Apr 10, 2006
Ankeny, Iowa
There is one burner that runs down the center of the grill, lengthwise. It's much more substantial than the burners in most portable grills. It's basically the same burner they use in their full-size grill, but running down the long axis.

As far as BTU output, I can't find anything in the instruction manual or their website that lists it. The label on the burner lists burner pressure and gas input rate, so perhaps someone smarter than me knows how to calculate heat energy from that. I DO know that the grill gets plenty hot; they call it a BBQ oven for a reason. The stainless steel fire box and indirect heating should make it possible to cook anything you can fit in there, as far as I can tell.

If you have any more questions, let me know!

domisgod

Apr 10, 2006
Ankeny, Iowa
Thanks R_GR8!

I had been to the bubbasovens.com site, but there are no prices listed there. I thought $400 seemed a little high, but I guess that IS what they were originally selling for. Now I'm REALLY glad I bought one!

domisgod

Apr 10, 2006
Ankeny, Iowa
Thanks for the responses, everyone. I've still got a couple of these left, if anyone else is interested.

I will be heading to Omaha this weekend to visit family, so if you are on the way maybe we could work out a way for me to deliver one also. Just a thought.

domisgod

Apr 10, 2006
Ankeny, Iowa
Last post on this, I swear.

I've sold all but one of these grills. Anyone want to claim the last one? If interested, let me know via PM or by replying here.

I will be at the Jack for the Spring game, so I may be able to meet you with it if you'd like.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron