We Will Collective contributor numbers

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Because he doesn't care about ISU athletics enough to donate $2 million to directly pay a bunch of 20 year olds. Like I said, he isn't T Boone Pickens or one of these billionaires who is obsessed with their favorite college sports programs.
you know for fact he doesnt donate to collective?

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
your original statement was he "couldnt"

denny can afford $2m a year if he wanted to

neither one of us know if he does
Like I said in a previous post, if you want to play semantics, that's fine.

Yes, it's possible for him to donate $2 million. You got me lol

• Dumb
Reactions: alarson and Messi

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

how much do you think he had to donate to isu to have a plaza named after him?

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
how much do you think he had to donate to isu to have a plaza named after him?
Do you read anything, or are you still hung up on the "could" usage?

Donating to fund the lifestyles of 20-year-old athletes is not the same as donating to build facilities in your name.

• Friendly
Reactions: Messi

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Is it "semantics" to use the most commonly used meaning of a word? "Could" is really clear here, you were wrong, just own that

• Agree
Reactions: Tailg8er and Messi

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
No, but I know he doesn't donate $2 million. We'd be in much better shape if that were the case.

No one outside of the Collective insiders KNOWS what shape we’re actually in. If your job is fundraising and your play is “we’ve got enough funds, we’re doing fine” then you aren’t very good at your job. The play is to always claim poverty.

• Winner
Reactions: Tailg8er and Messi

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Is it "semantics" to use the most commonly used form of a word? "Could" is really clear here, you were wrong, just own that
I misued a word because I was quoting the previous post. I definitely wasn't saying Albaugh is not capable of paying $2 million every year. My point is pretty clear: Assuming Albaugh WOULD donate $2 million to our NIL fund is a big assumption.

cycub51

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2009
Somewhere Iowa
the "wal mart money" when people talk about Arkansas is more from the c suite executives than the Walton family itself

for example, the current WalMart CEO Doug McMillon is a U of A graduate
Correct and I'm guessing the Walton family is now more focused on owning an actual pro franchise than trying to buy Arkansas a title.

• Winner
Reactions: Messi

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
No one outside of the Collective insiders KNOWS what shape we’re actually in. If your job is fundraising and your play is “we’ve got enough funds, we’re doing fine” then you aren’t very good at your job. The play is to always claim poverty.
I don't know, it feels like some of you missed the start of the conversation where a poster flippantly asked "what happened to our Albaugh money?"

When have we seen Albaugh money in NIL? It's a whole different beast than facilities.

The conversation was never about his ability to fund NIL. It was about his willingness. I think that's pretty clear if you guys can get past my incorrect usage of "could".

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I don't know, it feels like some of you missed the start of the conversation where a poster flippantly asked "what happened to our Albaugh money?"

When have we seen Albaugh money in NIL? It's a whole different beast than facilities.

The conversation was never about his ability to fund NIL. It was about his willingness. I think that's pretty clear if you guys can get past my incorrect usage of "could".
who's to say hes not willing? the guy with a $20m car collection clearly has "fun money"

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
who's to say hes not willing? the guy with a $20m car collection clearly has "fun money"
Look at his donation history. Paying Tamin Lipsey doesn't carry quite the same value as a car collection. Assuming his money is at our disposal is a big assumption that I see/hear many Iowa State fans make.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Look at his donation history. Paying Tamin Lipsey doesn't carry quite the same value as a car collection. Assuming his money is at our disposal is a big assumption that I see/hear many Iowa State fans make.
possible his donation preferences has changed? having granddaughters at ISU could pique his interest in isu athletics and their success

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
possible his donation preferences has changed? having granddaughters at ISU could pique his interest in isu athletics and their success
So your whole line of argument here is that "You don't know anything for certain. It's possible".

What a mindblowing assertion.

In the initial post, if you read anything other than your own posts, a poster asked "what happened to our Albaugh money?" Do you not find that presumptuous and entitled? I did.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
So your whole line of argument here is that "You don't know anything for certain. It's possible".

What a mindblowing assertion.

In the initial post, if you read anything other than your own posts, a poster asked "what happened to our Albaugh money?" Do you not find that presumptuous and entitled? I did.
we're in agreement its entitled for some of our fans to expect albaugh money as some birthright or the assumption he bankrolls our entire collective

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
As the guy who brought up the Albaugh connection - I wasn't assuming he bankrolls our collective, genius. My specific wording was "It's not crazy to think he could pony up a couple million a year". That doesn't mean I think he DOES give a couple million a year..

He invited TJ to the f'ing Kentucky Derby, to assume he donates nothing to the Basketball program/players is moronic. WHETHER THAT'S THROUGH WEWILL OR NOT - do you understand that players can be paid via methods outside of WeWill??

Solar keeps claiming things like he knows them as fact, when in actuality he does not.

cyclones7

May 17, 2010
well, if you talk to Iowa fans they think Albaugh bankrolls our whole basketball team. lol