We Will Collective contributor numbers

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Current budget year has $2 million through end of June all together. July starts the new annual budget cycle and has a goal of $4 million.
Just to put this in some context: KU basketball budget was $4MM this year and we saw that Arkansas basketball budget for 2025 will be $5MM. Our total budget for all sports is $2MM and will try to double next year.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Just to put this in some context: KU basketball budget was $4MM this year and we saw that Arkansas basketball budget for 2025 will be $5MM. Our total budget for all sports is $2MM and will try to double next year.
I think Brent is doing an absolutely amazing job. There are certainly bigger headwinds at Iowa State, but there's nobody I'd rather have leading the charge.

There was a question in a thread yesterday about if @brentblum is the most important person for Iowa State. My answer is a resounding - he's 3rd. TJ and CMC are tops. But if we lost the top of AD, WBB, Wrestling, VB, etc I'd feel much more confident in our ability to maintain momentum and success than if we lost Brent with WeWill.

Last edited:

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
I think Brent is doing an absolutely amazing job. There are certainly bigger headwinds at Iowa State, but there's nobody I'd rather have leading the charge.

There was a question in a thread yesterday about if @brentblum is the most important person for Iowa State. My answer is a resounding - he's 3rd. TJ and CMC are tops. But if we lost the top of AD, WBB, Wrestling, VB, etc I'd feel much more confident in our abilitiy to maintain moment than if we lost Brent with WeWill.
I think Brent is doing a fine job, too. He is working with the same base as JP and it's well documented that ISU really struggles from donation aspect. I have seen numerous snapshots of ISU and lack of donations, but below is one that is a older but basically sums up the gap,

1712840690917.png

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
I could be wrong, but isn't the $5,000,000 for Arkansas basketball just the amount Tyson contributed? I would expect it to be even more than that in totality.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I could be wrong, but isn't the $5,000,000 for Arkansas basketball just the amount Tyson contributed? I would expect it to be even more than that in totality.
I think the reality there is that money won't ever be an issue. They may have goals and drives for funding, but they also know they have plenty of million/billionaires they can call up and get a blank check at any time for any recruit they want.

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Do you go by school year or calendar year when you say we need so much per year? I know it kinda comes out in the wash, but was curious if this FF 800k was closing out the year or basically starting it.
We raise dollars a year in advance essentially. So any money raised this fiscal year (July 1-June 30, 2024) will go towards next fiscal year's budget. It's not perfectly timed, but it works pretty well.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Yes, basically the minimum amount. I have no idea who it's coming from, but just shows the gap at ISU

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
That is, of course, if you believe everything he (& any other collective) says. These things might as well be a sitcom, because they can say/claim pretty much whatever they want/whatever makes their school look good/whatever will get more people to donate.

For instance, he also said zero of fan donations went to Proctor - well of course he's going to say that, who the hell would want to continue donating if they knew their hard-earned money ended up with a kid who never played a down? There's zero accountability in the entire industry, and way too much for each of them to gain by saying whatever sounds best to the donors.

Also whatever happened to our Albaugh money?? We go from TJ in his Kentucky Derby suite, to not being able to afford a transfer who'd be a backup? I don't get it..
You think Hadley would be a backup?

We have a connection to Albaugh, but he's not a T Boone Pickens type who is spending his entire fortune on college athletics. If you thought we were getting that type of money, you were way off the mark. Sadly, these exaggerations are retold to a lot of people in the fanbase.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
You’re never going to get people to understand that. The little brother syndrome is just too ingrained. They can’t picture us doing our own thing and carving our own uniques path, it’s always about being Iowa football.
Positioning giving up on football as "doing our own thing" trail blazers is so lame.

Look at the Cyclones giving up on football. Now there's a school that just "gets it".

• Agree
Reactions: chadly82

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
We raise dollars a year in advance essentially. So any money raised this fiscal year (July 1-June 30, 2024) will go towards next fiscal year's budget. It's not perfectly timed, but it works pretty well.
Are there restrictions on carrying over funds across fiscal years? In other words, could WW and the staffs decide they are set for the current year and bank more to apply to next year? If possible, this would be better than distributing all of it if it's not needed.

• Winner
Reactions: chadly82

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
You think Hadley would be a backup?

We have a connection to Albaugh, but he's not a T Boone Pickens type who is spending his entire fortune on college athletics. If you thought we were getting that type of money, you were way off the mark. Sadly, these exaggerations are retold to a lot of people in the fanbase.

Yes, I think he would be a backup on this team.

Never said he was a T Boone type, nobody in our world ever would be.. But it's not crazy to think he could pony up a couple million a year. You are talking like you know these things for a fact, when in actuality you have no clue how much him (or Sukkup, or anyone else) has given - either through the collective or not.

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Are there restrictions on carrying over funds across fiscal years? In other words, could WW and the staffs decide they are set for the current year and bank more to apply to next year? If possible, this would be better than distributing all of it if it's not needed.
Yes this is exactly what happens.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Yes, I think he would be a backup on this team.

Never said he was a T Boone type, nobody in our world ever would be.. But it's not crazy to think he could pony up a couple million a year. You are talking like you know these things for a fact, when in actuality you have no clue how much him (or Sukkup, or anyone else) has given - either through the collective or not.
Wow, 0/2.

Sorry, but it's a little crazy to think he could give 2 million a year to Iowa State's NIL fund. You're making huge assumptions.