Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

HititHard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 11, 2009
At the very least, Iowa city will be renamed CC City... or something like that.

Murph will have a giant CC poster on the ceiling above his bed.
Are we sure that poster doesn’t already exist?

I also wouldn’t handle any Photos under his mattress without gloves.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
They lost?
200w.gif

Reactions: NWICY and jaj040

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Well she was a big part of getting there was she not? Would rather have a chance at a championship than none. I get it the Hawk hate is strong here but I would kill to get back to back chances at a championship.
She was a very big part, no doubt. Bluder didn't have the right players to get it all done. Getting to the title game 2 years in a row is impressive.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'd be OK with back to back national championship game appearances in any sport. It's a tough thing to do even if you go 0-2 every team in the country would like the chance.
All but one or two you mean. The winners would not trade for second.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Well she was a big part of getting there was she not? Would rather have a chance at a championship than none. I get it the Hawk hate is strong here but I would kill to get back to back chances at a championship.
We are talking NCAA right? Because hawks would rather lose the NIT championship than lose first weekend of the NCAA.

• Haha
Reactions: ISU22CY

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I'd be OK with back to back national championship game appearances in any sport. It's a tough thing to do even if you go 0-2 every team in the country would like the chance.
Yep. FWIW, I don't think Iowa losing back to back National Championship games diminishes her greatness any more than I think Olajuwan and Drexler losing back to back National Championship games in 1983 and 1984 diminished their greatness. Ironically, I saw both the Houston Men (w / Olajuwan and Drexler) play in 1983 (@ LSU) and the Iowa Women (w / Caitlin Clark) play this season (vs. Cleveland State @ WFA). I've been to a lot of CBB games over the years, and Olajuwan and Drexler (Men) and Caitlin Clark (Women) are three of the best players I have ever seen in person.

Last edited:

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Yep. FWIW, I don't think Iowa losing back to back National Championship games diminishes her greatness any more than I think Olajuwan and Drexler losing back to back National Championship games in 1983 and 1984 diminished their greatness. Ironically, I saw both the Houston Men (w / Olajuwan and Drexler) play in 1984 (@ LSU) and the Iowa Women (w / Caitlin Clark) play this year (vs. Cleveland State @ WFA). I've been to a lot of CBB games over the years, and Olajuwan and Drexler (Men) and Caitlin Clark (Women) are three of the best players I have ever seen in person.
Phi Slama Jamma had no business losing to NCSt in '83. What an upset that was.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Well, luckily U of Iowa didn't have to go that far. They just didn't pay contractors, had multiple lawsuits from former players and coaches, sent letters to future opponents of their rival when their own fans stole from them, marched their band into a pack of opposing fans just because . . . . . and sacrificed a chicken to Jobu for CC to hit logo threes.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron