Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
They have the space for one from the transfer portal. They lose Martin, Marshall, Clark, Davis, and Goodman, so they have nine coming back. They signed five in November, which takes them to 14 unless others choose to leave.
So go the freshman route it appears.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Bluder will need to hit the portal for a true PG, I don't think we have anyone currently that can slide into that role, unless Guyton's back at 100% by the start of the season. Affolter will be solid, and Taylor McCabe is a shooter, she'll get her points. Looking forward to Heiden coming in, will be nice having a solid, true big in there.
She's on the record about how little $$ there was available to her to bring in a post player from the portal for this season. Will they have more money available this year?

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Yeah Affolter and Martin are both fine role players but Marshall is not good. Also, Stuelke has gotten a lot of mileage out of Clark pulling defenders away, I can see her struggling next year if she's a focal point.
Stuelke to me is pretty good. She is Monika Czinano lite, which end of the day would still be a really good college player

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Ice Cube bringing it

That's a legitimately fantastic argument. It'd be like if fringe NFL players were going to play in Russian leagues in the offseason, instead of the spring leagues they've been trying to get going here

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Stuelke to me is pretty good. She is Monika Czinano lite, which end of the day would still be a really good college player
She's not automatic from inside 6 foot yet from what I've seen. That is where Czinano opened things up for Iowa. If she got it near the basket it was a guarantee going in. Stuelke is more of a runner and doesn't have the same footwork.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
She's not automatic from inside 6 foot yet from what I've seen. That is where Czinano opened things up for Iowa. If she got it near the basket it was a guarantee going in. Stuelke is more of a runner and doesn't have the same footwork.
You are right, seems like Stuelke does most of her damage in transition. May have a little more range outside of 6 ft too, but certainly not a shooter by any means.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
She's on the record about how little $$ there was available to her to bring in a post player from the portal for this season. Will they have more money available this year?
No idea. Bluder runs a guard-heavy offense, maybe there'll be more urgency with no true PG ready to play. Again, if Guyton is healthy it might not be an issue, last I read she was targeting mid-November to be 100%.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
It's funny that ISU and Iowa women's teams are facing the fact they will both need new head coaches soon.

They are getting long in the tooth.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
It's funny that ISU and Iowa women's teams are facing the fact they will both need new head coaches soon.

They are getting long in the tooth.
Both of those will be interesting transitions. I'm thinking Bill stays thru this yrs freshman graduating. Bluder I have no idea.

Reactions: VeloClone

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
And that is on the Swarm. Iowa was a lot closer to a natty in women’s BB.

Reactions: 7Got6

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
If that’s true that the Swarm refused to pony up for the women’s basketball team, then it is even funnier that Proctor bit them in the fanny.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
That's a legitimately fantastic argument. It'd be like if fringe NFL players were going to play in Russian leagues in the offseason, instead of the spring leagues they've been trying to get going here

A lot of people in a lot of professions feel underpaid. Men and Women. But they don't get paid more just to make them feel better because of economics. Not sure what makes the WNBA so special that they get more money just because.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
They are not forced to. They choose to.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron