Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
I think they did already change a rule with technicals after the call against her in last year's natty game v. LSU.

I also think you'll probably see a lot of young players try expanding their shooting range, she kind of created the "logo 3" as a thing.

And you can't deny what she's done in terms of increasing interest in WBB overall. Schools that averaged <5,000 attendance pulling in 18,000 to see her play. That's pretty cool.
So 12 year old girls winding up from their ankles to launch 25 foot shots is a good thing?

• Winner
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

erinmd32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2015
Literally a fraction of the headlines I've seen today/yesterday about CC, not including local or ESPN, have been about her complaining to the refs. One by some Barstool dude from Ohio and the NY Post. The rest have been the same stuff about her changing the game.

You would be surprised by the amount of people in the Iowa City area that are tired of her antics.

He's a good dad if he's trying to communicate to her that some of this stuff she is doing is unacceptable. Nobody else in Iowa City cares.

As someone who lives here......a lot of the fans I know are completely turned off by her behavior especially lately.

Of course they are still fans and they still are glad she is on their team but it's wearing thin right now and they are worried it could cost the some games down the line.

Last edited:

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
You would be surprised by the amount of people in the Iowa City area that are tired of her antics.

I am not saying they don't like her but the amount

As someone who lives here......a lot of the fans I know are completely turned off by her behavior especially lately.

Of course they are still fans and they still are glad she is on their team but it's wearing thin right now and they are worried it could cost the some games down the line.
I can totally see this

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
I’ve never watched her play. Might tune in for a bit to see what this is all about.

Maybe I won’t - can’t find the remote.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
No way no how Iowa makes it very far. A close game against an eighth seed on your home court?

swclone11

Feb 17, 2024
WV stops dead to not foul in the lane multiple times - always called a foul. Iowa can slap all over WV and nothing. WV fouls a lot, I think anyone knows that, including them - but this hasn't really been called evenly even taking that into consideration.