Twister Sister Summary - Season closes in epic fashion

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Someone posted about learning some of Niang's old man moves. Might not be the worst plan ever. Hmm wonder how she could make connections with him.

I expect Audi to add all sorts of things to her game during the off-season. For instance, I would like to see her become better at drawing double-teams, then firing passes to the open 3-point shooters. If they sag off, she dominates single coverage. If they double, we get 3's. Pick your poison.

That is kind of what happened this weekend, but on different nights. Audi down low on Friday. Emily shooting 3's on Sunday. Can you imagine how much each one could enhance the other on the same night?

Reactions: nrg4isu and NWICY

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I expect Audi to add all sorts of things to her game during the off-season. For instance, I would like to see her become better at drawing double-teams, then firing passes to the open 3-point shooters. If they sag off, she dominates single coverage. If they double, we get 3's. Pick your poison.

That is kind of what happened this weekend, but on different nights. Audi down low on Friday. Emily shooting 3's on Sunday. Can you imagine how much each one could enhance the other on the same night?
I want to see her develop her baby hook out to about 5-6 feet. That would be unstoppable.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Watching the replay right now.
Downtown Addy Brown.
That's gotta stick!

jcf817

Mar 2, 2023
North Carolina

I hate to make a comparison to TOE, but Clark and Czinano made it to the NCAA Final doing that. Audi could do it better.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
She's an incredibly hard worker too. I won't be surprised to see a host of new moves come November.
Marcus Fizer (yes, that Marcus Fizer) tweeted that he was available to work with Audi this off season. Don't know how much interest there is in that, but Fizer has been trying to get engaged with the Athletic Dept for several years now.

ZorkClone

Nov 12, 2019
Marcus Fizer (yes, that Marcus Fizer) tweeted that he was available to work with Audi this off season. Don't know how much interest there is in that, but Fizer has been trying to get engaged with the Athletic Dept for several years now.
What the? I don't know if he's a good coach, but that would be wild! Audi certainly is drawing a lot of attention.

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
Irafen (or however you spell it, #44) was great. All that blabbering about Blink who was the superior whiner, instead of the best player. Are they encouraging these women to be whiny and insufferable to bring drama and more eyeballs to the game? It’s a sport, not a soap opera.

She was very impressive. I liked her a lot more than Brinks.

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA
I just couldn’t get over how many times Audi was stuffed down low. I wonder what her vertical jump height is.
I believe she is 6 foot 3 so vertical would be 6 foot 3. She has done better than anyone thought she would IMO. I’m so happy she’s a Cyclone.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
I believe she is 6 foot 3 so vertical would be 6 foot 3. She has done better than anyone thought she would IMO. I’m so happy she’s a Cyclone.

Not sure how her vert was going to help her when she was getting held to the ground? Defender straight up maybe?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Yeah, people that talk about "vertical" as in jumping must not watch much WBB. They show up for a few tournament games once every in while and watch it like it was MBB. There are a handful of gals in the tournament with quick "verticals'. Even Brink is reach and length and not jumping. The only gal we've ever had at ISU with a truly quick impressive vertical is Desiree Francis who played with out all-time great post Angie Welle (who was not exactly a renowned leaper, just a renowned scorer and rebounder).

6'-6" Taiyanna Jackson and 6'-6" Ayoka Lee were both on the five member Big-12 All-Defensive Team. Here's how Crooks did against the best post defenders in the Big 12:
  • Crooks went 25/8 and fouled out 6'-6" Kansas's Taiyanna Jackson at Kansas.
  • Crooks went 14/13 and fouled out Jackson at Hilton.
  • Crooks went 20/9 versus Ayoka Lee in Ames.
  • Crooks went 14/7 versus Lee at Kansas State

Last edited:

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA
Yeah, people that talk about "vertical" as in jumping must not watch much WBB. They show up for a few tournament games once every in while and watch it like it was MBB. There are a handful of gals in the tournament with quick "verticals'. Even Brink is reach and length and not jumping. The only gal we've ever had at ISU with a truly quick impressive vertical is Desiree Francis who played with out all-time great post Angie Welle (who was not exactly a renowned leaper, just a renowned scorer and rebounder).

6'-6" Taiyanna Jackson and 6'-6" Ayoka Lee were both on the five member Big-12 All-Defensive Team. Here's how Crooks did against the best post defenders in the Big 12:
  • Crooks went 25/8 and fouled out 6'-6" Kansas's Taiyanna Jackson at Kansas.
  • Crooks went 14/13 and fouled out Jackson at Hilton.
  • Crooks went 20/9 versus Ayoka Lee in Ames.
  • Crooks went 14/7 versus Lee at Kansas State
If you have fault that I said she couldn’t jump. Address it with footage of her getting off the ground. I never said she couldn’t score. In fact I am ecstatic that she is a Cyclone and I believe she will go down as one of the best and beloved of all time.

edited: George’s Niang wasn’t a high flyer. No one cares that he wasn’t and I am sure George’s would agree.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
If you have fault that I said she couldn’t jump. Address it with footage of her getting off the ground. I never said she couldn’t score. In fact I am ecstatic that she is a Cyclone and I believe she will go down as one of the best and beloved of all time.

edited: George’s Niang wasn’t a high flyer. No one cares that he wasn’t and I am sure George’s would agree.

Actually the opposite. I was agreeing you and taking issue with folks that grump about her game being somewhat vertically challenged.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
No proof of this, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the directive of the NCAA and head of officials is to give the star players the star treatment as this is a critical moment with women’s basketball taking off in popularity. They want the best players with the biggest names out there so people keep tuning in. There’s zero chance CC would ever foul out in the tournament. She should basically mug whoever she is guarding because they aren’t going to foul her out.

Sorry, a little amped as I rewatched the final minutes and OT and it’s absolutely egregious Brink didn’t get T’d up not once but twice. The whole “officials” didn’t want to decide the game I get. They swallowed the whistle on both ends all night. BUT technical fouls are different. Brink turned right to that official and clearly says “F you” right to their face.
Do you remember when the Stanford coach contacted our player on the floor? I didn’t see that and want to watch it but not the whole game.

ARCYCLONE

Nov 16, 2020
Arkansas
I just couldn’t get over how many times Audi was stuffed down low. I wonder what her vertical jump height is.
I disagree. The first quarter she wasn't getting close enough to the basket and not taking her shots; but after that she was in good spots. There were very few clean blocks by Stanford, maybe 2-3. Most of the 'stuffs' by Stanford were from their arms coming down (not straight up) making a lot of contact with Audi's arms. Brinks last foul was similar to how she was 'stuffing' Audi all night. Audi was 3-21 (14%) in this game but is 58% for the year. She was hacked all night long. Audi will learn and be able find a way to score in this type of defense/officiating.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I disagree. The first quarter she wasn't getting close enough to the basket and not taking her shots; but after that she was in good spots. There were very few clean blocks by Stanford, maybe 2-3. Most of the 'stuffs' by Stanford were from their arms coming down (not straight up) making a lot of contact with Audi's arms. Brinks last foul was similar to how she was 'stuffing' Audi all night. Audi was 3-21 (14%) in this game but is 58% for the year. She was hacked all night long. Audi will learn and be able find a way to score in this type of defense/officiating.
I think a small left hook would work great for her. When we goes left she still will use her right hand which is right next to the defender. Using a left hook Would give some more separation.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron