Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

DGC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 16, 2018
This discussion just further proves one of the biggest problems with sports. If you win enough, nothing else matters.
Win and go ahead and act like a fool on the court.
Win and go ahead and beat your spouse, drive drunk, rape, even murder (all things we have seen successful athletes do, not referring to C.C.)
At some in time there has to be something bigger in life than just winning on the court / field.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
It's that way in business, politics, everything in seems. Athletics is a cult which only a small population or the total are fully engaged. Within the cult it's cut throat, I generally like th way ISU and IA run their programs. The biggest difference between the basketball programs now is Iowa state men and women are very emotionally disiplined. Iowa is on fire every play, it's distracting, deeaning to the game and like my huge IA fan said last night about CC demeanour "Gross".

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I've said plenty I'm not a fan of some of her on-court stuff. I saw the thing from yesterday with her dad, which I thought was kind of funny. Dad seems pretty cool. That said I don't think the on-court stuff rises to the level of villainizing her or attacking her character. And it doesn't seem like the rest of the country does either.

So the Ohio barstool guy is just an ISU fan? She doesn't act any different than the McCaffrey family or Bluder so I guess it seems fine with Iowa fans.

• Agree

AttackOfTheClones

Dec 10, 2017
Bushwood, Nebraska
www.youtube.com
Facts:

~Iowa wbb basketball fans are insufferable
~Media acts like Iowa wbb always 'sells-out' Carver, when Frau Bluder literally begged her 1500 fans for 20 seasons---to attend games
~Caitlin Clark, aka 'Hawkeye Jesus, the most unlikable, whiney, bitchy player in the country
~ Clark has horrendous body language, horrible demeanor on the court
~ The fact that Iowa fans continually bash a much better-behaved Angel Reese, is laughable after watching the flopping, whining, complaining, forearming Caitlin Clark the last 4 yrs---
~Since January 16 ISU wbb w/ five FRESHMEN have beaten (4) ranked teams
~Since January 16 Iowa wbb w/ five SENIORS have beaten (1) ranked teams
~ Bill Fennelly the best coach in the state--by a mile. Bluder just a whiney entitled turd like her star player
~ It's really hard to like Hawkeye Jesus. She was embarrassing yesterday up 30 pts vs a #16 seed roster of white Catholic girls

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Her throwing the ball off her head was something a five year old would get sent to her room for. Pretty embarrassing you would think
You know it was bad when there's even a thread about her childish behavior on the hok message boards and most of her own people aren't happy with those tantrums yesterday.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
You know it was bad when there's even a thread about her childish behavior on the hok message boards and most of her own people aren't happy with those tantrums yesterday.

Since breaking the record? Where have these people been? She’s been like this all year…. even longer than that.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Unbelievable that big time officials doing tournament games can be bullied by Clark and afraid to make the correct call. No other player could get away with it
A different ethnicity and it would be very different

4cy16

Jun 14, 2021
She thought Holy Cross was rough on her, she has never played against WVU. WVU won't hold back, and the further Iowa goes the more physical it's going to get on her.
What does she think it will be like in the WNBA. She will be playing against seasoned vets that won't put up with her crap for one second and won't hesitate to send her flying.

AlCyJim

Aug 11, 2022
Since breaking the record? Where have these people been? She’s been like this all year…. even longer than that.
but you do know that she has saved women's bb as more fans are interested in watching her play than watch the men's ncaa tournament and have been since her freshman year. aren't we all lucky for her.

• Haha

4cy16

Jun 14, 2021
Unbelievable that big time officials doing tournament games can be bullied by Clark and afraid to make the correct call. No other player could get away with it
It would be really interesting for officials that have worked her games to be honest what they think of her antics.

Reactions: clonedude

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
So what do we think about tonight, does WVU have any shot? Or is the conspiracy to get Iowa/LSU rematch too great to matter?

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
So what do we think about tonight, does WVU have any shot? Or is the conspiracy to get Iowa/LSU rematch too great to matter?
Iowa wins by 20+. It’s CC’s last game at CHA. There’s no way they lose.

CC will also continue to complain about the officiating while up by 20+ in the late 3rd to early 4th quarters. But I don’t think she’ll embarrass herself as much as she did on Saturday

Reactions: Cyinthenorth