Saturday tournament schedule

bots

Oct 6, 2010
Thinking ahead to a potential Saturday matchup with WSU or Drake... my general understanding is that the schedule is determined by the TV folks after the matchups are set, likely with the goal of maximizing total viewership for the round.

My question is whether there are any general rules that are followed in setting the weekend schedule. For example, does the fact that the ISU/SDSU and WSU/Drake games are in the late session on Thursday increase the odds that the winners would play in the evening on Saturday as well? Is it more likely that West region games would fall later in the day due to geography? Or is it a complete crapshoot with roughly equal odds for any of the time slots on Saturday?

Any insight is appreciated.

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
I think it's very safe to plan on ISU not playing during the earliest game time slots on Saturday. Therefore, the games starting in the 11 a.m. to 12:45 hours or so. That's because the tournament will have the session 1 teams (Illinois and BYU perhaps) playing that first game of the day for session 3, just like they played earlier games on Thursday. They've done that consistently over the years. However, we could play anywhere from basically a little before 2 p.m. on on Saturday if history is any guide. That's the safe thing for planning purposes right now. You can rule out the early games on Saturday, but we could play any time in the afternoon onward.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
The first 3 windows are exclusive to CBS and then there are 5 games played in the evening, however, there is no rhyme or reason to where they place games. Any slot is fair game and the games at each site can go in either order regardless of what order they played on Thursday.

Guessing is pretty difficult for the weekend other than Brooklyn is going to get the first two games on Sunday on CBS.

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
Does anyone have experience with TruTV? How are we going to be able to watch Thursday’s game?

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Haven't watched many tournament games the last 5 years? If you get TBS or TNT you get TruTV

Edit: 12 years. 2011 was when they started carrying tournament games.

I know TruTV (And TBS & TNT) are on the basic Sling Package.

melt

Apr 5, 2006
Chicago, IL
Does anyone have experience with TruTV? How are we going to be able to watch Thursday’s game?
Do you have Max (formerly HBO Max)? They have the non-CBS games on their app. Alternatively, the NCAA March Madness site let's you watch for free for about 2 hours if you don't have any regular cable subscriptions. If you do have cable, then you can log in with your provider info and stream from the app.

Reactions: bozclone

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I am using Sling TV...stinks as this is one of the channels not on the more "sports" package. I'll just add that package this weekend and cancel after and it'll cost a few bucks.

This happens every year...one game on Tru and have to find a workaround

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
For those planning ahead, the windows for Sunday are the exact same. Only difference is the 7:30E/6:30C game goes to truTV instead of CBS.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron