*** Official #12 IOWA STATE vs #18 Baylor Game(Day) Thread ***

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
People who have not watched a game in this new venue yet on TV are probably going to be in for a shock about how damned awful the full court action camera's angle is. As an apparent workaround ESPN+ was cutting to the end camera a lot the other night for the WBB game versus Texas, more so than you'd regularly see.

• Funny
Reactions: CyNews and t-noah

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
I'm glad Baylor beat UCF to end their 3-game losing streak. Would've been less optimistic if they were desperate for a win. Still going to be tough and I don't expect 14-30 from 3, but hoping defense disrupts the Bears.
68-63 Cyclones.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
People who have not watched a game in this new venue yet on TV are probably going to be in for a shock about how damned awful the full court action camera's angle is. As an apparent workaround ESPN+ was cutting to the end camera a lot the other night for the WBB game versus Texas, more so than you'd regularly see.
I have a bad feeling. Baylor 80 Clones 45
TJ struggles badly lacking TO intel.

• Haha
Reactions: Cycsk

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
Thanks Rulzzz.

Good news is we do not have shoot from the camera perch because we are not playing a game of horse. Like our chances. Go Cyclones!

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Baylor is a 3.5 point favorite, so it will be a tough game to win.

What gives me hope is the fact that Baylor lost earlier this season to an unranked Michigan State team by 24 points, although the game was in East Lansing.

I think we're a lot like a typical Michigan State team - extremely physical with tough defense.

Reactions: Dirt Boy 2

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
Feels like we're due for a letdown. I'll go 68-66 Baylor. Please let me be wrong.
Seems like Baylor is due to win a close game. And eventually ISU's free throw woes could cost us. Hope Curtis Jones continues scoring 15+ points as that makes ISU very tough to beat.

• Agree
Reactions: Acer88

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
I've listened to O'Donnell do a couple games this year and he was pretty good.

PizzaTheHutt

Feb 6, 2014
Personally, I think we have a better chance of winning this game than we do at Texas because of the match up. I’m going to say we win this one and get to the infamous #9 ranking some of you get worked up about ……then proceed to get boat raced at Texas.

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Personally, I think we have a better chance of winning this game than we do at Texas because of the match up. I’m going to say we win this one and get to the infamous #9 ranking some of you get worked up about ……then proceed to get boat raced at Texas.
If I remember correctly, we’ve only won twice in Austin since the creation of the Big 12. There’s some voodoo down there.

Reactions: OrangeCarrot

cincinnaticyclone

Nov 29, 2016
What I’m most worried about today is Baylor is BIG. One of the tallest teams in the league and they’ve been great on the offensive glass. That’s a really tough matchup for us. What gives me some optimism is that ISU really played hard for boards last week against Kansas. I hope they keep that energy up today