Car Tires

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Try Carney auto parts I've gotten decent used tires there. Also local tire shops usually have saved back used tire for sale.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
P225/75R16
Appears wal mart has some about $95 plus install (mounting, balancing, etc) each. Thats probably about as good as you are going to get for new. They probably are not the best tires, but for your use and for a year they would work. Probably wont be great in the snow.

You may find a set a little cheaper for used depending on the treadwear.

Discount Tire Direct has similar prices but doesnt seam to have any in stock, at that price, and you have to work with one of their installers, if you dont know someone that will put them on.

Reactions: Macloney

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I don't know about all the previous comments, but how much is the safety of your child worth?
Thats kind of a BS statement. I mean really do you only drive your family around in something brand new. With every option, and every safety feature, and only has the highest safety awards and ratings?

And would never buy a used car for your kids, your self, that your family might ride in?

Same with homes, do you only buy brand new never used homes up to the latest construction codes and techniques?

Or is your family's safety just not worth the best of everything?

Considering as soon as you start driving on a tire it becomes a used tire. Hell there are some tires that are take offs after just a 1000s or so miles for sale as used in shops. So you are telling me those are not as safe as the tires you have had on your family car that has 30,000 miles on the tires? Just because they have been only on your car?

You are saying a lower quality tire that only is driven around town at low speed is not as safe as a mediocre tire driven at interstate speed?

Do you always put snow tires on your vehicles in the winter? Those are way way more safe in the winter than all season, and it is not even close. So if you let your kids drive around with the same tires year around you must not care about their safety. (yes I put snow tires on my daughters car, a front wheel drive car with snow tires can and will out perform a 4 wheel drive SUV with all seasons in snow easily)

Tell me how much your families safety means or are you just gaslighting?

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
Thats kind of a BS statement. I mean really do you only drive your family around in something brand new. With every option, and every safety feature, and only has the highest safety awards and ratings?

And would never buy a used car for your kids, your self, that your family might ride in?

Same with homes, do you only buy brand new never used homes up to the latest construction codes and techniques?

Or is your family's safety just not worth the best of everything?

Considering as soon as you start driving on a tire it becomes a used tire. Hell there are some tires that are take offs after just a 1000s or so miles for sale as used in shops. So you are telling me those are not as safe as the tires you have had on your family car that has 30,000 miles on the tires? Just because they have been only on your car?

You are saying a lower quality tire that only is driven around town at low speed is not as safe as a mediocre tire driven at interstate speed?

Do you always put snow tires on your vehicles in the winter? Those are way way more safe in the winter than all season, and it is not even close. So if you let your kids drive around with the same tires year around you must not care about their safety. (yes I put snow tires on my daughters car, a front wheel drive car with snow tires can and will out perform a 4 wheel drive SUV with all seasons in snow easily)

Tell me how much your families safety means or are you just gaslighting?
Well I'd spend a grand on a set of tires on my child's car if it meant a difference in their safety versus the alternative. But that's just silly me.

• Dumb
Reactions: 2speedy1

tplumm

Mar 3, 2010
Ankeny
Another option would involve buying a reasonable priced tire you feel serves your daughters needs; hold onto the crappy tires so that when you sell the vehicle, put the crappy ones back on before doing so. Keep the ones you bought for another vehicle(if that’s an option) or just sell them if that’s not an option. I did that with one of my sons cars years ago…we had another car that was able to use them

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
If you do it right, it should only cost about 8 bucks. The cost of 4 cinder blocks. Then, your new tire issue becomes someone else's new tire issue.
Not bad, but do you know if there's anything cheaper out there than cinder?

Reactions: ScottyP

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
I would NEVER buy a cheap tire for my child. Call me whatever you want, but a couple hundreds dollars for rain handling and stopping are worth it IMO. I'm only 12 years from being a teenager. I remember how STUPID of a driver we are at that age.

If you buy a used car next year. Swap the good tires you just bought onto the new car or sell them.

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
I would NEVER buy a cheap tire for my child. Call me whatever you want, but a couple hundreds dollars for rain handling and stopping are worth it IMO. I'm only 12 years from being a teenager. I remember how STUPID of a driver we are at that age.

If you buy a used car next year. Swap the good tires you just bought onto the new car or sell them.
Speedy is kind of a cheap dic*

• Disagree
Reactions: VeloClone

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Well I'd spend a grand on a set of tires on my child's car if it meant a difference in their safety versus the alternative. But that's just silly me.
If you really want to keep them safe just lock them in the house and never let them drive. But if not, tell me what you drive your kids around in, and on, and what they drive in and on. If you dont spend top dollar on the best of the best of all safety features and the newest of everything every year, and make sure to rotate out to snow tires every winter. And like I said, a used set of tires with a couple thousand miles on them, are safer than that set on your car with 30,000. But what do I know. Hell it was only my dads business for years.

And you are just on here telling other people they are horrible for not spending and buying more than what you do yourself.

Its real easy to say you would do something...but then again it sounds like you only say you "would do it" meaning you dont. Maybe when you actually walk in a mans shoes you can talk.

Reactions: VeloClone