Car Tires

conmebol

Apr 11, 2006
I usually get my tires from Costco or Sams if you have that memberships. Costco for example have the size you're referring for under $600 including installation

1653397032758.png

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Have you tried Discount Tire? Not sure if you have one nearby but I did a quick punch-in using the 18" tires seems like you can get closer to $740-$750 after-tax
I had a flat on one of my cars. I put on the spare and took the tire in to the local Discount Tire. When he got the tire patched for me he would not take a dime for the work. I insisted I pay for it because I knew I probably wouldn't be buying my next set of tires from him but he refused any payment. That is a good way to drive business because people will remember getting something for nothing - and talk about it too, like I am now.

Last edited:
Reactions: ISUcyclones11

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I had a flat on one of my cars. I put on the spare and took the tire in to the local discount tire. When he got the tire patched for me he would not take a dime for the work. I insisted I pay for it because I knew I probably wouldn't be buying my next set of tires from him but he refused any payment. That is a good way to drive business because people will remember getting something for nothing - and talk about it too, like I am now.
Another plug (pun intended) for Discount Tire. I have been using them for over 25 years without issue.

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Another plug (pun intended) for Discount Tire. I have been using them for over 25 years without issue.
My father-in-law used to work in the tire business (managed a couple Tires Plus stores). He recommended going to Discount tire. They have good prices and they have great service.

Last edited:

Mar 21, 2021
I use Walmart. You could get cheapo Douglas 215/75/R16 for a Liberty Sport for $77/per, which is what, about the cost of a tank of gas. Buy on Walmart.com and the tires will be at your local store within 2 weeks. I buy the road-hazard deal for like $10/. They've already replaced at minimal cost 2 of the 4 tires I bought last year since both picked up screws near the sidewall. Full disclosure: long-time WMT stockholder!

Last edited:

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Since it’s only for a year anyways, some Walmarts will install tires for $17. I see some Jeep Liberty tires for $75 each (new), depending on what sizes you need. Thats close to $350-$400 after taxes and stuff.

WalMart tires are complete sh!t. I would put used tires on my kids car before I purchased or had Walmart install tires.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Thats kind of a BS statement. I mean really do you only drive your family around in something brand new. With every option, and every safety feature, and only has the highest safety awards and ratings?

And would never buy a used car for your kids, your self, that your family might ride in?

Same with homes, do you only buy brand new never used homes up to the latest construction codes and techniques?

Or is your family's safety just not worth the best of everything?

Considering as soon as you start driving on a tire it becomes a used tire. Hell there are some tires that are take offs after just a 1000s or so miles for sale as used in shops. So you are telling me those are not as safe as the tires you have had on your family car that has 30,000 miles on the tires? Just because they have been only on your car?

You are saying a lower quality tire that only is driven around town at low speed is not as safe as a mediocre tire driven at interstate speed?

Do you always put snow tires on your vehicles in the winter? Those are way way more safe in the winter than all season, and it is not even close. So if you let your kids drive around with the same tires year around you must not care about their safety. (yes I put snow tires on my daughters car, a front wheel drive car with snow tires can and will out perform a 4 wheel drive SUV with all seasons in snow easily)

Tell me how much your families safety means or are you just gaslighting?
I used to sell and install tires and I wouldn't suggest going down the used tire route unless they are high quality tires.