Fran McCaffery and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Transfer Portal

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I mean, when your offer list is made up of one OVC team that is....

No not the good one that's leaving

No, not the other good one that's leaving

No, not the solid one that's staying

Ok here it is. When your offer list is made up of one of the worst teams in the OVC and nobody else I can't blame Fran for going all in. When else is he going to get a shot at an offer list so exclusive?

You know, we all laughed at what a klutz goof-ball Luka Garza was the first couple years. We all laughed when Fran took the Murray twins. Maybe we should just lay off his unconventional recruiting. It still looks like just blind luck, but you can't ignore the results.

• Haha
Reactions: mj4cy and larry

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
You know, we all laughed at what a klutz goof-ball Luka Garza was the first couple years. We all laughed when Fran took the Murray twins. Maybe we should just lay off his unconventional recruiting. It still looks like just blind luck, but you can't ignore the results.
Yes I can given that this kid is a guard and Frans guards traditionally suck balls

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
With Iowa's lack of activity in the portal, I would imagine this is where 1 Iowa scholarship goes for next year.

Offer list: Eastern Illinois

According to the Chadster, Ogundele hasn’t had any takers in the portal and will end up going back to the Hawks. This isn’t a joke.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls

The results are no Sweet 16s, and I refuse to quit shi tting on them

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Garza was actually a sought after recruit though. Fran got lucky AF with the Murray twins... Fran never would have even recruited those guys if dad isn't a former Hawk. Garza and the Murrays didn't develop because of Fran, all that work was put in outside of Iowa City.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I think it's moreso that he can't recruit in the portal to replace them so he's forced to take em back
I wonder if this means they struck out on that Utah State big man. I mean, he was a longshot regardless, but between this guy and Flip Nebraska, that's a heckuva one-two in the post.
/Sarcasm

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I wonder if this means they struck out on that Utah State big man. I mean, he was a longshot regardless, but between this guy and Flip Nebraska, that's a heckuva one-two in the post.
/Sarcasm
Wait, I want a do-over

Filip Rebarcalounger
Fillip Mahstatsheet
Phil Kneebrace

I'm on to something here. I can feel it. Right on the tip of my tongue

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron