Ranking the Big 12's Top 10 Football Players

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

Outside of having likely too many RB on there, not a terrible list. Also no, it isn't really a tough decision to place Breece ahead of Robinson, but at least they made the right call.

Last edited:
Reactions: JP4CY

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
Regardless of whether you agree with the list, the fact that a non-ISU biased publication lists 3 Iowa State players in the top 10 of the conference is incredible.

I know things are so much different now, but it still amazes me that our football program has reached this level.

Don't take this for granted!

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
That’s a tough one.
For me I’d go...
Breece
Rose
Purdy
Kolar
McDonald

I wouldn’t blame anyone for shuffling/changing some around.

Off the wall suggestion but, I would argue isheem needs to be considered too. Of the games/times he sat out last year we lost or struggled mightily.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
That’s a tough one.
For me I’d go...
Breece
Rose
Purdy
Kolar
McDonald

I wouldn’t blame anyone for shuffling/changing some around.

Eisworth has to be in there. When healthy, I am not sure he isn't the key player on defense. He isn't in the picture on a lot of plays but he provides a lot of insurance allowing others to play more aggressively.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I feel 99% confident there isn't a coach in the league that wouldn't take Rose and McDonald over Vaughn and Brown.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Off the wall suggestion but, I would argue isheem needs to be considered too. Of the games/times he sat out last year we lost or struggled mightily.
Eisworth has to be in there. When healthy, I am not sure he isn't the key player on defense. He isn't in the picture on a lot of plays but he provides a lot of insurance allowing others to play more aggressively.
I can see an argument for both Eisworth and Isheem in there.

Nice little problem to have!

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Purdy is still our MVP without question

I would certainly say he is our MIP...Most Important Player! If he plays lights out...this season is going to be a blast! If he were to struggle for whatever reason...the season would be very frustrating! We definitely need others to perform at a high level but right now I feel like the roster is in good enough shape that we could mix and match at certain spots to cover a deficiency...except at QB! Nothing against the other QBs at all...just don't have that experience at the moment!

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Maybe it's just because they did nothing against us, but I never thought Deuce Vaughn or Leddie Brown were that great. Good, yes. No where near top 10 players in the conference though. Kennedy Brooks from Oklahoma scares me more than either of those guys.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Maybe it's just because they did nothing against us, but I never thought Deuce Vaughn or Leddie Brown were that great. Good, yes. No where near top 10 players in the conference though. Kennedy Brooks from Oklahoma scares me more than either of those guys.
Our defense tossed Vaughn around like a rag doll.

Help Support Us

Become a patron