Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Haven’t posted a food pic for awhile. These don’t look that great, but smell good and I’ve sure they’ll taste fine. Bought a pie pumpkin from the ISU hort farm students, baked it, scraped out the inside, smashed it through a sieve and used some for this pumpkin bread. I should have enough left for a pie, too.

Attachments

• 0BBB49B1-5C8D-4E81-A89F-DD6CCAAB9274.jpeg
    0BBB49B1-5C8D-4E81-A89F-DD6CCAAB9274.jpeg
    163.8 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: oldman and NWICY

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Can I come to the end of your driveway and get a piece of pie or maybe some of that stuffing you talked about in the other thread;)?
If you're heading down this way, SURE. We'll have plenty of leftovers! Lew doesn't like stuffing (any kind) so that's all mine. He doesn't like MY favorite (pecan pie) so it is spoken for by a couple of young friends, but there will be pumpkin and/or apple, depending on how ambitious I get and how much Lew begs. :D

Reactions: NWICY

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I wish cancel culture would punish ever single advertiser for this show and put them in bankrupcy. AND make them pay back their PPP loan.
**** Clark junior getting rich on this too. So much wrong.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
For those of you missing this, Megan Fox and Paris Hilton both introduced performers.....proving their agents believe that any publicity is good for even zombie careers. Good agents.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
On a completely different topic, we got athletic dept. emails saying there a limited number of tix left for MBB and WBB games, all in upper deck. No KU or KSU for men. $10 for wbb and $40 for mbb.
Kind of interesting tickets still available. Maybe they overestimated the attraction.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
On a completely different topic, we got athletic dept. emails saying there a limited number of tix left for MBB and WBB games, all in upper deck. No KU or KSU for men. $10 for wbb and $40 for mbb.
Kind of interesting tickets still available. Maybe they overestimated the attraction.
It also said that only 4-pods are available for OU & DePaul (Big 12/Big East classic). I'm just NOT excited about being indoors even with limited people. But it's making me crazy, not being there at JTS...and not going to MBB games is even worse. It will be the first time in nearly 20 years. :(

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
It also said that only 4-pods are available for OU & DePaul (Big 12/Big East classic). I'm just NOT excited about being indoors even with limited people. But it's making me crazy, not being there at JTS...and not going to MBB games is even worse. It will be the first time in nearly 20 years. :(

I've had MBB tkts longer than that but my donation levels are too low. I'll be back next yr. As I posted earlier I picked up a few WBB tkts but it'll be a game day decision. Heck I might even get into Hilton and back out it's been a long time since I've been in any type of crowd and I realize 1400 inside of Hilton's not many but it'll seem weird being around that many people. Having them all wear masks will help some though.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
I've had MBB tkts longer than that but my donation levels are too low. I'll be back next yr. As I posted earlier I picked up a few WBB tkts but it'll be a game day decision. Heck I might even get into Hilton and back out it's been a long time since I've been in any type of crowd and I realize 1400 inside of Hilton's not many but it'll seem weird being around that many people. Having them all wear masks will help some though.
We've made it this far. I just can't see blowing it now. :(

• Agree
  • Friendly
Reactions: Ms3r4ISU and NWICY

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Anyone that has kids that would have recently taken some sort of drivers ed ask them if they teach them about roundabouts.

The main road to my neighborhood is being rebuilt from scratch replacing the unnecessary stop lights with roundabouts and in the limited time since it has been opened up I've seen people stop before entering, stop when another car approaches while inside of it and others take a left by going the wrong way.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Well I thought my family had cancelled Thanksgiving in person, then yesterday it seems that it is all changing. My nephew and his GF who is flying in from Utah told Mom and Dad they are coming up to put up outside lights. then his folks (my sister and husband) who both work in schools decided to come also. Hopefully I can get the meal cancelled and keep them all on the porch with the windows open and the heater on. These are all people who don't even bother to call on a regular basis, but since it's a holiday we should be there :rolleyes:.

I'm not sure how much of it is my bias since I see them pretty much every day and had the Covid and stayed the hell away from my folks till my quarantine was over than still just did outside stuff for a couple of extra days to make sure. None of these people would want anything bad too happen them intentionally but have they turned their brains off? Well as always RTT thanks for being a place to vent.

What I don't get is how people can't realize that Thanksgiving and Xmas are just one day and you can plan to get together with people at other times, especially with a vaccine coming along. How about a celebration in the summer if everyone makes it through?

You can also be thankful any day and you can celebrate whatever it is you view Xmas as any day.

I had to tell my dad this weekend that if people are getting together for Xmas, I won't be there, and I won't be around until one of us has gotten the vaccine or I find more information regarding my case and immunity. It was hard but they (Dad and his friends) simply haven't been careful and I'm not going to jeopardize getting someone else sick.

Edit: also has to do with not getting THEM sick as Covid closes in on more areas.

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Anyone that has kids that would have recently taken some sort of drivers ed ask them if they teach them about roundabouts.

The main road to my neighborhood is being rebuilt from scratch replacing the unnecessary stop lights with roundabouts and in the limited time since it has been opened up I've seen people stop before entering, stop when another car approaches while inside of it and others take a left by going the wrong way.

I used to teach that subject...it was amazing how parents would complain about them without realizing how much better they are. It just takes some basic reading and seeing things like signs.

Reactions: VeloClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

I can say that mine probably don’t. We don’t have any that I can think of. When I go to blue earth, MN I curse theirs because they are the only ones and taking a combine through one sucks. I would say drive time is where they would work in them.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
What I don't get is how people can't realize that Thanksgiving and Xmas are just one day and you can plan to get together with people at other times, especially with a vaccine coming along. How about a celebration in the summer if everyone makes it through?

You can also be thankful any day and you can celebrate whatever it is you view Xmas as any day.

I had to tell my dad this weekend that if people are getting together for Xmas, I won't be there, and I won't be around until one of us has gotten the vaccine or I find more information regarding my case and immunity. It was hard but they (Dad and his friends) simply haven't been careful and I'm not going to jeopardize getting someone else sick.

This is what is ticking me off, my folks have been doing good and now the part of the family that doesn't even call thinks "we all need to be there for Thanksgiving" Well hopefully this gets fixed and they cancel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron