ProhmDate

Aug 29, 2015
Ames
Not sure if you are aware of this, but there is a pandemic going on, and the US is the most impacted country in the world right now. The spread is completely out of control. Pandemics and lots of people in close proximity to one another don't mix well.

I understand the proximity issue, but am also aware that countries such as Taiwan with a population of 24 million virtually living on top of each other have only had 7 deaths. By contrast the US should have had only 112 total deaths. Why is that? Interestingly, they are not in the middle of an election year where businesses are being locked down, jobs destroyed, lives are lost and the economy is being crushed in an effort to bring about political change. Why is an evolving spate of successful treatments, medical research and anecdotal evidence being systematically censored and suppressed? I think we know the answer, but most of us don't like being needless victims.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
University of Nebraska has already stated that they are looking at 3 seating scenario's...50%, 75%, or 100% capacity. They expect Lancaster county to hit phase 4 on 1 September, at which point outdoor arena's can go up to 100% capacity.

Very convenient...

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Sorry, exactly why you wait till the very latest to see how things are at that time.
That doesn’t make any sense. You start as early as possible so you have as many makeup dates as you can. If you can’t go right away you now have built in makeup dates you can delay the early games to. If you wait and still can’t go you are canceling instead of postponing. That’s especially bad if you could have theoretically got some in earlier.

Planning to start earlier doesn’t preclude delaying it again to later. Delaying the start does potentially preclude postponements.

kcbob79clone

That doesn’t make any sense. You start as early as possible so you have as many makeup dates as you can. If you can’t go right away you now have built in makeup dates you can delay the early games to. If you wait and still can’t go you are canceling instead of postponing. That’s especially bad if you could have theoretically got some in earlier.

Planning to start earlier doesn’t preclude delaying it again to later. Delaying the start does potentially preclude postponements.

Starting early with high numbers dooms the season. Starting as late as possible allows for the potential that the number will decrease.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Starting early with high numbers dooms the season. Starting as late as possible allows for the potential that the number will decrease.
If the numbers are to high to start as planned you postpone those games. Starting early doesn’t actually do what you suggest. You start early with the flexibility to delay back to a mid September start.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
University of Nebraska has already stated that they are looking at 3 seating scenario's...50%, 75%, or 100% capacity. They expect Lancaster county to hit phase 4 on 1 September, at which point outdoor arena's can go up to 100% capacity.

Very convenient...

All hinges on each state's Governor. Nebraska's would not likely say no fans at games. I bet it ends up at a max of 25% or so though.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Iowa just announced 10-15,000 max attendance with 6-foot social distancing.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I understand the proximity issue, but am also aware that countries such as Taiwan with a population of 24 million virtually living on top of each other have only had 7 deaths. By contrast the US should have had only 112 total deaths. Why is that? Interestingly, they are not in the middle of an election year where businesses are being locked down, jobs destroyed, lives are lost and the economy is being crushed in an effort to bring about political change. Why is an evolving spate of successful treatments, medical research and anecdotal evidence being systematically censored and suppressed? I think we know the answer, but most of us don't like being needless victims.

Taiwan was successful because they had a very strict testing infrastructure set up along with government-mandated quarantines, contact tracing, and government-issued phones that tracked your movement. Our country has decided to just wing it. That's why we have 150k deaths instead of 112.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Now that Iowa has announced no season tickets and 10-15K max, Jamie is on the clock

Not a bad plan by Iowa there. There's no way you can have 30k in Jack Trice safely.

How about 5k students and 10k others..... first come first serve for each game. Student tickets are $50 per game and the others are $100 per game. Something like that?

I'm sure that can't work..... but something will have to change. 30k isn't happening.

How about no fans this year, but if you buy season tickets for this season, then next season's will be half off and you will get to keep your seat location if you do this..... but if you don't, your seats could change for next year?

I don't know, but there has to be some kind of creative way to do it.

• Dislike
Reactions: isufbcurt

Help Support Us

Become a patron