All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You do realize that Hall was a freshmen all American, right? Meaning the only players that were eligible to be named to that team were freshmen. He wasn't compared to the best players across P5 football, only the other freshmen players.

Too bad your little guy at RB wasn't a freshman...oh wait

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
It’s not trolling to point out that Hall played terrible defenses. He and Goodson had the same ypc on the season. One RB played a bunch of really good defense, the other RB played a bunch of awful defenses. I legitimately think Goodson is better than Hall. You guys are so fragile that you can’t even handle dissenting opinions without throwing a fit.

For some reason, you guys refuse to acknowledge that every Big XII offensive player has inflated stats because they play terrible defenses every week.
Running backs don’t play defense.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
He hates everything Iowa State so much more that he just ignores facts. Sad to watch
By the middle of next season he will hate Goodson and be calling for the white running back.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Big XII defense and a ton of touches, so I would expect a lot of forced missed tackles.
At every single turn @CyTwins owns you. How exhausting is it that he is right in almost every debate w you? It has to be maddening.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
You do realize that Hall was a freshmen all American, right? Meaning the only players that were eligible to be named to that team were freshmen. He wasn't compared to the best players across P5 football, only the other freshmen players.
The other freshmen P5 schools, correct

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He literally said Tyler Goodson was more "elusive" than this

Elusive means difficult to find, catch or receive, so there might be some confusion in the wording by some. Elusive can be mistaken for shifty. There are different types of elusiveness. Goodson is shifty, he's quick, he'll make you miss with a stutter-step and a quick juke, while Hall has much longer strides, his jukes are more long and he uses his plant steps very well to his advantage. Although Breece can make you miss, he's at his best when he turns the corner, but he isn't afraid to run you over either.

Different types of runners, but Breece was obviously more elusive last year.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Elusive means difficult to find, catch or receive, so there might be some confusion in the wording by some. Elusive can be mistaken for shifty. There are different types of elusiveness. Goodson is shifty, he's quick, he'll make you miss with a stutter-step and a quick juke, while Hall has much longer strides, his jukes are more long and he uses his plant steps very well to his advantage. Although Breece can make you miss, he's at his best when he turns the corner, but he isn't afraid to run you over either.

Different types of runners, but Breece was obviously more elusive last year.
I think Goodson is going to find touches elusive this year. His mom is doing him Zero favors with the Iowa city koaching klan/staff.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Linderbaum is getting hype for the Outland, Rimington, and as a potential first round pick. I don’t think he will win those awards this year but down the road he has a good chance to win one.
Coaches are usually big on getting the early preseason hype going for players. You notice a difference between linderbaum and Alaric Jackson?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I think Goodson is going to find touches elusive this year. His mom is doing him Zero favors with the Iowa city koaching klan/staff.

I thought the same thing but they literally have no other RBs that they can put out there. Sargent sucks

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I thought the same thing but they literally have no other RBs that they can put out there. Sargent sucks
I think Sargent's decent. A good backup running back. I do think that Iowa wants to see one of their RB's to flourish into an all down back. They flip flop constantly.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I think Sargent's decent. A good backup running back. I do think that Iowa wants to see one of their RB's to flourish into an all down back. They flip flop constantly.

Sargent isn't very good at all IMO. No burst at all which you need in that system

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Sargent is real bad. If he didn't have NFL linemen in front of him it would be glaringly obvious even to the most untrained eye

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
That's their problem, they don't have a workhorse back under them right now. Goodson might be that if he truly added weight, but as I've pointed out already, last year he showed he was really only a "big run or bust" type of back. He would only get 1-2 YPC then bam bust a bigger run. That's how he got his YPC up to 5ish that @Brodie0 jerks off to. Iowa wants someone like Hall who will consistently pick up 4-5 YPC on every run with the chance to break one for 20-40 yards. But I don't see anyone on their roster who is capable at this moment

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
That's their problem, they don't have a workhorse back under them right now. Goodson might be that if he truly added weight, but as I've pointed out already, last year he showed he was really only a "big run or bust" type of back. He would only get 1-2 YPC then bam bust a bigger run. That's how he got his YPC up to 5ish that @Brodie0 jerks off to. Iowa wants someone like Hall who will consistently pick up 4-5 YPC on every run with the chance to break one for 20-40 yards. But I don't see anyone on their roster who is capable at this moment

There's a reason Iowa desperately wanted Hall

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Sargent isn't very good at all IMO. No burst at all which you need in that system
I guess looking at his stats he's pretty average. Interesting stat alert..

2018 Toren Young
136 att, 637 yards, 4.7 avg, 5 TD's

2019 Tyler Goodson
134 att, 638 yards, 4.8 avg, 5 TD's

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I guess looking at his stats he's pretty average. Interesting stat alert..

2018 Toren Young
136 att, 637 yards, 4.7 avg, 5 TD's

2019 Tyler Goodson
134 att, 638 yards, 4.8 avg, 5 TD's
upload_2020-7-14_8-47-56.jpeg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron