Good for the game and long overdue ...

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I know a lot of you like to bag on Surly, but I’ll agree with him here. Props to K-State for scheduling this. Both purple Kansas and regular Kansas should not be afraid to schedule Wichita. I also miss the days when ISU had UNI & Drake on the schedule.
Surly is a her

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
images

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Now it would be much different. I don't think its even comparable to where they were the McD years. It would be really good match up now that they are a Big East team. In the Orr years, the Creighton games were great, Cyclone fans packed the Civic in Omaha, same with Devaney in Lincoln. They were great games for fans that wanted to travel. I wouldn't love a series with the Huskers but a Creighton series would be great now that they have a program on par with ours.

Creighton also injured Jeff Grayer on a dirty undercut, thanks for reminding me.

Reactions: heitclone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I know a lot of you like to bag on Surly, but I’ll agree with him here. Props to K-State for scheduling this. Both purple Kansas and regular Kansas should not be afraid to schedule Wichita. I also miss the days when ISU had UNI & Drake on the schedule.

I agree with this although at the same time none of these matchups have any relevancy nationally as with a majority of November/December games.

Even the KU/Kentucky/Duke type of matchups early in the season, while they count, are essentially glorified hype exhibitions.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Creighton also injured Jeff Grayer on a dirty undercut, thanks for reminding me.

That was my first ever Cyclone game, I wanna say I was in 1st grade. My dad mentioned that play for years. He never got over it.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Speaking of our beloved Big 12 institutions, I’m told by a wise man that they are certainly opening up for traditional learning this fall. Otherwise, they face bankruptcy.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Hey Bob, how does KSU fare this year? Haven't heard much about them.

This is a good series though definitely worth watching.