Who do we Replace Iowa WIth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyman05

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2010
What's the SEC doing? It's possible the SEC and B12 are going to hold out and try to play non-conference games. Somewhat of a SEC/B12 alliance.

was just going to post the same given the geographic proximity you could have the sec and B12 partner for a year and divide up the teams geographically? Probably never happen but you could have a pod with ISU, Kansas schools, Missouri, Arkansas, Oklahoma schools? Playoff at the end of the year of like 4 pod winners since I’m sure the bowl season will be cancelled?

crs8975

Aug 14, 2013
Lakewood, CO
I don't know why this is a surprise to anyone. I traveled back to Iowa to see my parents for the 4th. It would seem the vast majority of Iowa and all of Nebraska don't know how to wear masks or respect the social distancing rules we have in Colorado. This result was inevitable as cases continue to rise in the area.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Been saying it since May that we won't have a season and I got a bunch of thumbs down and disagrees.

It was never going to be up to Iowa State. Better hope Pollard can guide us to a stable athletic department and whatever the thing is after the NCAA. P.S.... The NCAA is gonna go bankrupt after they don't have March Madness for 2 years in a row.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I don't know why this is a surprise to anyone. I traveled back to Iowa to see my parents for the 4th. It would seem the vast majority of Iowa and all of Nebraska don't know how to wear masks or respect the social distancing rules we have in Colorado. This result was inevitable as cases continue to rise in the area.

Says the dude who traveled to older parents during a pandemic...

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I’ve been to Iowa City. Covid is just one of many things I’d be afraid of contracting

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If I'm the conferences. I put all my eggs into the spring season basket. Figure it out. You can make it work.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
This doctor says Covid-19 is no more deadly than the flu for people under age 70. "We know that the infection-fatality rate for people under 70 is 0.04 percent -- that's less than or equal to the seasonal flu," he said.

I know that it is taboo to compare it to the flu in most circles. But why is it so hard to find data like this in mainstream news articles?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/scott-atlas-new-coronavirus-cases-hospitalizations-deaths-focus

I agree 100% with what you are stating. If you are of a certain age range and otherwise healthy you probably have more of a chance of an auto accident than you do of dying of Covid. But in today's universe that is still heartless.

Reactions: Yorel Fusspucker

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Imagine the TV deal conferences could push if no big ten or pac12 for the year. They would be begging for stuff.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Early March to late May. modify fall 2021 season also if need be.
Exactly how I thought. Could start October 1 the following year and go into Feb. with bowl games if need be. Then it's back to normal. That needs to be seriously considered. Obviously try and make this fall season happen but they need to start heavily planning for the spring imo.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
Exactly how I thought. Could start October 1 the following year and go into Feb. with bowl games if need be. Then it's back to normal. That needs to be seriously considered. Obviously try and make this fall season happen but they need to start heavily planning for the spring imo.

And just make it voluntary and loosen up redshirts so can do 5 games or something like that if not wanting to overburden a kid in 2021 with spring and fall. Hell if I was that young and that good I would want to play every damn weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron