Iowa Football Recruiting

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Congratulations on having the qb commit with more P5 offers.
EnchantingExemplaryHoverfly-size_restricted.gif

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I've been told offers from teams like Rutgers, Maryland, etc. shouldn't be considered a P5 offer. Arkansas is on that level. I'm just following the rules.
Rutgers and Maryland offers matter this year. Arkansas usually signs at least 5 4stars a year (usually more).

Their playing development is hot trash, but those schools are usually decent at recruiting

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
It's Arkansas. They were 2-10 last year with a home loss to San Jose State. They would be in the bottom half of the MAC and are rated lower than Ball State. Calm down.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/rankings/cbs-sports-ranking/

Well, that was last year. And it got their coach fired. I happen to think that they hired a pretty solid staff and will rebound. I doubt that this year's team would be in the bottom half of the MAC. Tough division to make a lot of headway though.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Well, that was last year. And it got their coach fired. I happen to think that they hired a pretty solid staff and will rebound. I doubt that this year's team would be in the bottom half of the MAC. Tough division to make a lot of headway though.

Arkansas is a solid offer. Just because their coaching and player development sucks balls doesn't mean they can't recruit. Strangely.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Arkansas is a solid offer. Just because their coaching and player development sucks balls doesn't mean they can't recruit. Strangely.

"Sucked" balls. I don't know that that applies now, too soon to tell, but their HC was an elite OL coach...maybe the best in the country. That's a pretty good start for any program.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
So we've gone from "you need P5 offers" to "well it's a P5 offer, but not really one I respect so it doesn't count"
Boy you Hawk fans are something else I tell ya
Not my rules....I'm not going to dig up old posts but it's been stated several times that Maryland and Rutgers don't really count as P5 offers.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that you don't care about his ratings or offers, but LOVE his film.
The thing I like the most is his last name and his ability as a wrestler.

His recruitment is very similar to his brothers

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Happy for Campbell that he didn't get skunked in the 2021 instate class.

Thrilled that he had to dip down into the 20's of the state rankings to break the drought.