NO FANS AT CYCLONE GAMES?

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
People disagree because the conclusion you're drawing from it is wrong on multiple points and is no different from any other attempt to downplay this.

The risk to those under 40 so far is at most the same as normal flu. That is what the Iowa data shows for March through most of June. Unless the IDPH is lying.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
The risk to those under 40 so far is at most the same as normal flu. That is what the Iowa data shows for March through most of June. Unless the IDPH is lying.
5ef234caf34d051bc821d0d8

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
Numerous studies disagree. Wearing a mask reduces the spread of the virus drastically. It's not even debatable at this point.

Sure but should persons who are obviously high risk be out wandering around in facilities where it is quite obvious they have no need of being there? Even if wearing masks?

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Sure but should persons who are obviously high risk be out wandering around in facilities where it is quite obvious they have no need of being there? Even if wearing masks?

What does that have to do with the effectiveness of masks? Your post was questioning the effectiveness of masks. Masks work.

Last edited:

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Even when we get a vaccine I would bet at least 40% of the population won't get it.

Employers should be able to fire anybody who refuses to get it unless they have a medical reason.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
It doesn’t really matter how bad Covid rates are in Iowa..... who are we going to play?

We need to also look at rates in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and WV too.

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
At 71, I will not be attending any football or basketball games nor the fitness center until a safe, effective vaccine for Covid-19 is developed. That and a seasonal flu shot are on my to do list as soon as they are available. My wife and I only visit businesses when absolutely necessary. We do not leave my property without wearing a mask, except to visit the golf course. While there, I do NOT enter the club house nor use the rest rooms. My foursome practices social distancing. We carry and use hand sanitizer and wipes. Obviously, us old geezers are doing whatever we can not get the virus or become a carrier. Unfortunately, we cannot totally isolate ourselves and still keep physically fit and retain our mental sanity.

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
We don't live everywhere.
We live in a world where sample sizes for a disease like this are useful.

Just looking at Iowans paints a meaningful picture for the impacts to Iowans, but ignoring other available data is willfully choosing ignorance to argue a point.