Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Hmm. I wonder if the backlash towards a certain player that came out with his experiences has anything to do with the fact that Wadley's mother decided to share this privately?
I hope not. Because that means the idiots have won.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
But with your great power (and big bucks) comes GREAT RESPONSIBILITY AND GREAT ACCOUNTABILITY and if you failed in that responsibility consistently over time, then I ask you, what does it mean now to be accountable for that failure?

images

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
He was a fringe prospect who just got busted for cocaine. No wonder he wasn't drafted. This isn't Joe Mixon we are talking about here.

I ran in the some of the same circles as Derrell in college. He was a regular at a bar that I tended at (Martinis) where I also worked along side Brady(His roomate that got busted with him). The guy is a complete sociopath and narcissist. Anybody that was around him knew that he was heavily involved in the Iowa City Drug Scene. Hell, I can't tell you how many times we had complaints from him doing blow in the bathroom.
and you being a responsible citizen reported any illegal activity to the authorities?

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
and you being a responsible citizen reported any illegal activity to the authorities?
I was in my mid twenties straight out of the military. I cared about paying my rent and finishing school.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
This was written just a couple days before Wadley played his last game for Iowa.

https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/s...legacy-hawkeye-elite-running-backs/973032001/

“His dad was ready to tell him, ‘Let’s go to Temple.’ I said no,” Phelps said.

She told Akrum: “Coach Ferentz is telling me that you need to eat. You’re going to leave because somebody wants you to eat?”

She told Ferentz: Her son would earn his position back.

“And that was the end of that,” she said.

Phelps trusted that her son was in the right place to get through the tough, early times.

“Because I knew what Iowa was made of,” she said. “Ferentz and his coaches, they’re classy, family men.”

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
That was really hard to understand. But what I did understand, is that they're disputing KF's "I've never heard anything" statement.
Yeah it was not great quality audio. She essentially was saying that you do not pay a S&E coach that amount of money and then act like you don't have any control. She went on to say Kirk has talked about things from the 60's, and yet can't remember something that happened two days ago. She was putting a lot of blame towards Kirk.

Reactions: aauummm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron