Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Wallace violated privacy laws. He absolutely MUST be fired. He's actually #1.

Doyle should go. At this point we're up to what, 40 people accusing him? There is clearly an undeniable pattern here. Plus, he's shown absolutely no inkling of regret or desire to change. It's over.

From here is where it gets dicey for me.

BF, there are a lot fewer accusers and a lot fewer details.

Again, I think the former players need to be consulted. They all seem pretty lockstep in wanting Ferentz to stay, so he should stay. Just my opinion. Again, we're lacking details here. If what Morrow said is proven to be true, if Wadley's mom brings a lot of things to light, etc, then my opinion could change.

To me if they refuse to can either of the top two guys, then it's a problem at the top. Under no circumstances do I think Ferentz is fired let me say, and I wouldn't be surprised if nobody loses their job.
But herein lies the issue. If 40 people are accusing a S&E coach for numerous amounts of misconduct, and the head coach of the program allows all of it to happen and then deny he knew anything about it, what does that say about the head coach?

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Clone fans are the ones saying who should and shouldn’t be fired. I am so glad that all that needs to take place is for decision makers to consult with the isu fan base about what is in the best interest of the Iowa Football program. Truly fascinating.
You mean Cyclone fans aren't tolerant of racism? Tell me when the bad part begins.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
But herein lies the issue. If 40 people are accusing a S&E coach for numerous amounts of misconduct, and the head coach of the program allows all of it to happen and then deny he knew anything about it, what does that say about the head coach?

I agree with you 100%, I'm just being realistic. He's already playing the plausible deniability card.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
It’s like listening to Iowa pod they are giddy that KF can rewrite his legacy “ hey look at how anti racist I am now”!

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
The first step to solving this problem is to fire Barta and change the whole culture at the Hawkeye athletic department.

If the same thing was going on in Ames I would have the same recommendation and I consider JP a close personal friend.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
I have not seen any former player call for Kirk to be removed, however I did see one former player state Kirk is to be blamed as all of this happened under his watch.

And "if players are being demeaned"? I don't think that should be an if. Multiple accounts prove that players were in fact being demeaned and mistreated, some of them report even racially discriminated against.

And what does our opinion on this issue matter? Obviously those in Iowa City aren't taking this too lightly as people vandalized Kinnick stadium and his statue. I think they're voicing their opinion pretty loudly by those actions.

The opinion of clone fans is irrelevant on the situation. It doesn’t even slow you all down for telling the world what you think is in the best interest of Iowa Football.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Clone fans are the ones saying who should and shouldn’t be fired. I am so glad that all that needs to take place is for decision makers to consult with the isu fan base about what is in the best interest of the Iowa Football program. Truly fascinating.

You've posted 1100 times here since the end of April, you clearly put a lot of stock in our opinions.

Reactions: Acylum

diaclone

Apr 16, 2006
Metro Omaha
Besides listening to the African-American community on this issue, what are some additional things that I can do to help? I want to help make a positive difference.
This is just great!!!!! Congrats to you! I'd start with educating yourself as much as you can.

Here's some resources:

1. Take the "Implicit Association Test" on race from Project Implicit.
https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/

2. Read black authors: Ta Nehisi Coates, Michael Eric Dyson, Gene Robinson, Leonard Pitts, Joy Reid, Melissa Harris Perry, etc. I am also a fan of Tim Wise - I've read all of his books and the one to start with is White Like Me. Another is Between Barack and a Hard Place.

3. Attend some kind of an event. I attended "100 Black Men" event once and what really stretched me was attending a Pride Day event. I had never been exposed to the diversity of the LGBTQ population before and I'd actually worked a booth with a black woman there.

If your organization has a diversity effort or diversity team, join it. If you're a white straight male, you might be the only one on the team and feel a little bit of an outsider. That's ok.

4. Be patient with yourself too. Blatant bigotry is easy to see whether it's racism, misogyny and sexism, and homophobia. It's the subtle stuff that is really hard. And when you discover that you yourself aren't what you thought you were, be kind to yourself and learn. That was my toughest lesson.

5. Let the people affected lead, and your role is an ally. Unless you're asked.

6. There's alot of intersection and crossover between racism and sexism. When I did did diversity training, we started with the "Wheel of Diversity." It establishes a framework to talk about diversity. Tons of organizations and corporations used this wheel in their diversity training efforts.

https://researchguides.austincc.edu/DimensionsOfDiversity/introduction

7. Finally, Best of luck and thank you too. Let us know how it goes. It's hard, but rewarding I've found. Don't expect others that are resisting to change themselves right away or at any time, but celebrate successes.

When I look back at my time facilitating sessions, I now see that I shouldn't expect people to change their hearts; just learn and apply the concepts so that they're not breaking rules, and ruining team cohesiveness and success.

Last edited:
Reactions: cayin and CloneGuy8

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
The first step to solving this problem is to fire Barta and change the whole culture at the Hawkeye athletic department.

If the same thing was going on in Ames I would have the same recommendation and I consider JP a close personal friend.
Thank god another clone fans has the perfect solution to what is best for the Iowa football program. Hey maybe tomorrow if you have time can you fix this Covid issue?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Thank god another clone fans has the perfect solution to what is best for the Iowa football program. Hey maybe tomorrow if you have time can you fix this Covid issue?

Kallenberger specifically said his grades were written on a public board, which his parents didn't even know about due to privacy laws. Was he lying?

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
The opinion of clone fans is irrelevant on the situation. It doesn’t even slow you all down for telling the world what you think is in the best interest of Iowa Football.
Our opinions count just the same as everyone else because we're all humans. Your problem is that you think this is an ISU versus Iowa issue. This is a human rights issue. The sooner you figure that out, the better.

Reactions: diaclone

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
What a truly disgusting situation. Regardless of who is or isn't fired, this is a mess that won't be cleaned up with a few press releases and allowing football players on social media. I still feel like there is little to no transparency from the University of Iowa, which is how they handle every situation, regardless of severity. That's a problem. A big problem. Hard questions deserve to be asked without fear of repercussion and hard questions should be answered. The entire state is owed that much - Hawk fans, Cyclone fans, or fans of no school.

That being said, the pissing match between blind Hawk apologists and blind Hawk haters takes away from the severity of what is going on, which is also disgusting. It's not a Hawk thing or a Cyclone thing. It's a racist thing and it's a really big deal.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
Our opinions count just the same as everyone else because we're all humans. Your problem is that you think this is an ISU versus Iowa issue. This is a human rights issue. The sooner you figure that out, the better.

Then go solve the human right issue. Don’t tell me what needs to occur with the Iowa Football program end the true human rights issue across the planet once an for all. I and thousands of others will stand and applaud you and the clone fans who end this for mankind.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Eh we're not really telling the world about our opinions, just talking amongst ourselves on a message board. And as I stated before, our opinions do not matter on this subject. Neither do yours to be frank. You seem more appalled by Iowa State fan's opinions than the actions of the Iowa Football staff.

Reactions: Angie

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Then go solve the human right issue. Don’t tell me what needs to occur with the Iowa Football program end the true human rights issue across the planet once an for all. I and thousands of others will stand and applaud you and the clone fans who end this for mankind.
caf8597bd7d510681135da32e5e3d5d6.jpg

Reactions: CyDude16

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Eh we're not really telling the world about our opinions, just talking amongst ourselves on a message board. And as I stated before, our opinions do not matter on this subject. Neither do yours to be frank. You seem more appalled by Iowa State fan's opinions than the actions of the Iowa Football staff.
And when I say our opinions don't matter, I mean they don't matter in regards to what the futures of Iowa's coaching staff looks like.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Fine! We'll start by calling out racist football programs. Iowa Football come on down!

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

Kallenberger specifically said his grades were written on a public board, which his parents didn't even know about due to privacy laws. Was he lying?

Reactions: Angie
Status
Not open for further replies.