ISU Athletics Staff Member Tests Positive

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
The chest puffing at the beginning of this thread is going to look really bad. I don’t think these schools have a clue what is going on in terms of making this happen. RIP 2020.

MilehighClone

Sep 14, 2007
As much as we all love ISU sports, I think we should start focusing on the bigger picture which is our university as a whole. Clearly Covid is going to have longer term implications on higher education at the university level and we need to recognize this fact and begin to analyze. I’m sure this process is already under way.
Also, I was disappointed that Mike Strachan was left out of the Majors obit. When I was a young boy, ISU had a program called CD, or child development. It was an after school education program and a lot of the football players would come by and hang out with us. Mike made a lasting positive impression on me that carries over to this day. Which is why I continue to honor him with his pic on my profile. I don’t know if the program is still in place, but if not it should be reinstalled immediately. These are the type of programs that will help deal with the issues that we are dealing with today.

Reactions: NWICY

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
According to Jamie, yes. Because you are still contagious if you have it (even if you don't have symptoms). Not sitting out would be exposing lots more people.

It is shocking how many people don't understand that all scientific evidence shows you can still give the virus to someone if you are positive with no symptoms.[/QUOTE]

I don't find it shocking at all.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
http://m.kusports.com/news/2020/jun...ram-pushes-back-return-date/?templates=mobile

I apologize if this should be posted in another thread...(or not at all...):rolleyes:

The Kansas men’s basketball program is delaying its return to campus by roughly two weeks, KU coach Bill Self told the Journal-World late Thursday night.

Originally aiming for a July 6 return — as allowed by Big 12 Conference guidelines — the Jayhawks now are shooting to be back in Lawrence by July 19.

Per NCAA rules, KU’s coaches cannot start working with players in person until July 20, so any basketball activity done by Self’s players before then would have been voluntary anyway.

The one Jayhawk facing the biggest obstacle is sophomore forward Tristan Enaruna, who has been at home in the Netherlands and will not be allowed to return to Kansas until the government lifts the travel ban into the United States.

According a June 15 update on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website, anyone who has been in the Netherlands (or 36 other countries on the list) in the previous 14 days may not enter the United States.

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron