Pollard on kxno right now

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
It would be great if everyone just did that. Would be a real show of unity and the ISU way. It would also look cool as **** if they did a “blackout” game with wear black shirts and hand out black masks and towels.

How about masks, shirts or towels that coincide with our school colors.

Otherwise, I agree everyone should be required to wear masks inside the stadium. If singing can spread the virus, I am sure drunken fans yelling obscenities can spread the virus as well.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
How about masks, shirts or towels that coincide with our school colors.

Otherwise, I agree everyone should be required to wear masks inside the stadium. If singing can spread the virus, I am sure drunken fans yelling obscenities can spread the virus as well.

Because a black out is supposed to be all black. Players in black, coaches in black, fans in black.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Is JP the one who gets to make the decision regarding attendance/masks?

Big 12? ISU President?

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Because a black out is supposed to be all black. Players in black, coaches in black, fans in black.

Since we are Iowa State and not the Hawkeyes we can go all Cardinal or all Gold. Last time I looked teams use other colors than black. Ever hear of a white out?

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Is JP the one who gets to make the decision regarding attendance/masks?

Big 12? ISU President?

Precedent would assume that the Gov and/or IDPH set the rules/regulations. Each succeeding level of governance below that (BOR -> ISU -> AD) could add stricter policies, if they so choose. But they can't be less strict than whatever the top level decides.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I agree they'll run it to 100%, but they won't require masks.
Bad call, but that's what I would bet on.

Realistically it's really hard to enforce. His assertion that if you try to mandate it you're going to end up with people going after each other one way or another is pretty accurate imo.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Realistically it's really hard to enforce. His assertion that if you try to mandate it you're going to end up with people going after each other one way or another is pretty accurate imo.

That's very true. I hope that they strongly encourage masks though. Maybe they can bill it as a way to get more people in the stadium and a way to help ensure that things don't close again.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

I'll agree that it's hard to enforce, but I don't think it matters, because nobody is going to mandate masks or try to enforce anything like that.

I expect that the surge in ticket sales will be used to argue to the Regents that enough Iowans want to get in that we need to go past 50% capacity (if that's even a thing by then), they'll sign off instantly, and we go 100% capacity, no masks, and call it a day.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
That's very true. I hope that they strongly encourage masks though. Maybe they can bill it as a way to get more people in the stadium and a way to help ensure that things don't close again.

I'd imagine if they advertise it hard for the first game a majority will have masks but like it has elsewhere it will wane off as the season goes on.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'll agree that it's hard to enforce, but I don't think it matters, because nobody is going to mandate masks or try to enforce anything like that.

I expect that the surge in ticket sales will be used to argue to the Regents that enough Iowans want to get in that we need to go past 50% capacity (if that's even a thing by then), they'll sign off instantly, and we go 100% capacity, no masks, and call it a day.

Doing the right thing!

Really if wearing a mask was something that had more buy in it would be easier to even try mandating.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
There will be guidelines--likely evolving guidelines--that fans will be asked to follow. I would not be surprised that a mask will be required to ENTER the stadium just as a ticket is required to enter the stadium, but ushers and so on will not "press" the issue in the stands.

May 27 is not September just as September is not November. I expect the virus will evolve one way or the other, so the "mitigations" or whatever they are called will evolve--maybe even from week to week.

Shoot, folks were able to use follow the clear bag policy, I can't imagine people who want to attend games can't follow the general policies to enter the stadium.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

If the Gov/DPH stick with 50%, then that's the max. The BOR won't be allowed to overstep.