Attendance policy from JP...

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018

ISU: "We understand if you choose to not renew this year, you will have your same seats in 2021."

Iowa: "Screw you fans who lost your job or wussies for not wanting to watch Iowa football amid a pandemic!"

I say pack as many hok fans into Kin-Ick this fall. Should be plenty of seats available tor 2021.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Let's please NOT turn this into a Covid debate thread. There are plenty of those, open and closed.

As far as seating, I am a donor but in Section B. Expecting I may get shoved to the south corners, which would suck. But hey, it's a seat.

I also think there's about a 40% chance there are no restrictions by September. Just gut feel. Unless there is a big second wave before then, I think people are prepared to just deal with it - right, wrong, or indifferent.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
For the ticket question I don’t think the issue is people being mad about getting stuck in worse seats. I think the issue is getting stuck in worse seats and still paying for the better seats. People should end up paying for the seats they get. I’m not worried because we donate and normally sit in the corners anyway, but I could see where a person is worried because they pay for good seats and sit in the corners.

Has Jamie said anything about anyone being moved from the seats they renew? I don't think so. Thus, I would assume that the seats you renew are yours to use, but it is up to you if you want to move to someplace with more space.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
IN my opinion. This is jut window dressing. If you are going to put 30k in a stadium, you might as well put 50K in a stadium. To me this just seems like an "Alright we have to have rules to satisfy the look of social distancing". I get it. I just think it's dumb. Is giving hi fives to people going to be against the rules? What other rules are they going to have? If you scoot to far over in your seat are they going to throw you out of the stadium?
How is security going to work? They going to pat you down and switch gloves for every pat down?

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Has Jamie said anything about anyone being moved from the seats they renew? I don't think so. Thus, I would assume that the seats you renew are yours to use, but it is up to you if you want to move to someplace with more space.
I don’t know that he has but the discussion was how they were going to space people. I think season tickets are pretty condensed in regard to the stadium. So why would you limit it to 50% and then have everyone still close together.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Just renewed. Hopefully I beat out the other 8k. We are in the endzone club but my guess is the club will not be in use. If we get spread out I’m hoping it is better than normal viewing.
Any chance of a BYOB situation? That would be legit and many fans already subscribe to this anyway.

Just tape a couple pints to your waist band. Inspectors are supposed to stay 6 foot from you so they will just think you have an odd deformity.

Reactions: CloneFan4

agrabes

Oct 25, 2006
That pretty much happens in NY during most any aggressive flu season. Let's also remember all those makeshift hospitals that were utilized either barely or not at all....or the other 45 or so states which didn't comingle the infected within nursing home populations and didn't experience similar caseloads. And no one was overwhelmed.

The median age of death for patients is 81. Doesn't mean it isn't serious or of concern, but it does mean that if you're under the age of 65 the risk is not significant enough to limit attendance.

Pollard can throw 55 gallon drums of hand sanitizer in and around the stadium and throughout the parking lots. Would likely be more effective than limiting seating to 50%.

Out of respect for people who don't want a Covid argument thread, I'll let this drop. And for what it's worth, I think you are wrong but hope you are right.

I do agree with the bolded though - the 50% restriction does not seem like it will have any effect. You have to go less than 50% and have an actively planned seating chart to keep distance for people to have any effect at all. If you're going to let 50% in, the only argument for not letting in 100% is that it's fewer people who might get infected.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Just tape a couple pints to your waist band. Inspectors are supposed to stay 6 foot from you so they will just think you have an odd deformity.
I didn’t even think about the security aspect of this whole deal. I’m glad I don’t need to figure this stuff out

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
This isn't a covid reporting thread. Please stop.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I don’t know that he has but the discussion was how they were going to space people. I think season tickets are pretty condensed in regard to the stadium. So why would you limit it to 50% and then have everyone still close together.

I think the main reason Jamie is talking about 50% capacity is so he can sell more season tickets. Brilliant move.

The other reason is that 50% leaves room for people to self-select to space out if they desire to do so.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
To maintain revenue while only allowing 50% capacity, and to further socially distance and prevent clustered concession lines, let's install self-serve beer taps in JTS (pay by the ounce) in every seating section.

I will gladly spend $500 in beer over the course of 7 home games to offset the season ticket that wasn't allowed to be sold for the seat next to me.

Emailing JP as we speak. I'll report back...

Reactions: isutrevman

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Wait till we have a weather delay/cancellation....let's just add to all this! lol

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
This isn't a covid reporting thread. Please stop.
I have not weighed in, and won’t.
But, how do you discuss Covid related changes to football attendance without discussing facts about the virus. I think they are pretty closely tied together.

Reactions: TruClone

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I have not weighed in, and won’t.
But, how do you discuss Covid related changes to football attendance without discussing facts about the virus. I think they are pretty closely tied together.

The issue is the jabs and agendas. Maybe you're not seeing them since we have been playing whack a mole today, but that's what my statement was referring to. We already have a covid thread for most general direct covid reporting and discussion and we have a politics forum for the more politically charged arguments and petty squabbles.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
A
IN my opinion. This is jut window dressing. If you are going to put 30k in a stadium, you might as well put 50K in a stadium. To me this just seems like an "Alright we have to have rules to satisfy the look of social distancing". I get it. I just think it's dumb. Is giving hi fives to people going to be against the rules? What other rules are they going to have? If you scoot to far over in your seat are they going to throw you out of the stadium?
How is security going to work? They going to pat you down and switch gloves for every pat down?

True, at this point you HAVE to follow guidelines in place...and I'm also sure Jamie and his staff have weighed options (like if they loosen up restrictions, they can sell single tickets vs selling and having to figure out refunds, etc).

My guess is their staff will have to, based on current guidelines at the time of games, figure it out...meaning, what that would look like for concessions, security, flow of people in/out of sections, role of ushers, rule enforcement (or not enforcing,etc).

As we all still figure this stuff out, i'm guessing there will always be that line of "what ISU has to do" vs "what choices you have." Meaning, they may meet expectations of guidelines with 30k, but if you enter and then high five, hug, etc that's on you (not ISU) from a legal standpoint, etc.

THIS is a better problem then the thoughts of NO ONE in the stands and just TV (as we make our natty title run this year) :)

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Just watched Davenport news and they stated that Poh lard announced the policy. How hard is it to get the name of the AD of the state's largest university correct?

Reactions: isutrevman

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I have a question. I am a season ticket holder (13th year) paid up but not a Cyclone Club donor. Would this mean I don't get in this year. Very concerned. I need my ISU football.

You will be fine. Your seats don't require a donation, so that part is not applicable.

Reactions: cyfan50438