Hell of a marketing job CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I'm a member of the premium forums. I don't post too much anymore but it's a nice way to support the site.

This morning I logged in an saw a half dozen threads updated from a decade ago on the front page and endless crap about Obama. Mainly posted by one person.

Cluttering up the front page with this crap is a great way to advertise for the sanity of the premium forum.

Cheers.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
You do realize the politics forum is an opt-in forum, correct? You have only yourself to blame if those threads are on your page

Reactions: WhoISthis

Cyfern

Sep 26, 2019
I'm a member of the premium forums. I don't post too much anymore but it's a nice way to support the site.

This morning I logged in an saw a half dozen threads updated from a decade ago on the front page and endless crap about Obama. Mainly posted by one person.

Cluttering up the front page with this crap is a great way to advertise for the sanity of the premium forum.

Cheers.
Yes, don't remind of things that don't fit my personal politics. Obama was/is crap. Get used to it.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

Cheers.
Oh, my...entitled much?

You could set your page to go straight to the premium lounge when you log in. That way you wouldn't be disturbed by the thoughts of plebeian posters, new or old.

OR, as someone else suggested, you could opt out of the political forums.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
So to make your point on the sanity of the premium forum, you post an inflammatory thread on the main page? :confused:

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Complaining about something you have direct control of. Good god we need to get out of this quarantine.

Also, don’t you post regularly in the 2020 Stocks thread? I’m sure A LOT of people don’t care about stock tips but don’t complain about you posting there...

Reactions: Doc
L

LincolnWay187

Simple. Quit paying CF money. You don't have support a site if you don't like their practices or thread moderators. I had some guy start taunting me after I said I temporarily lost my job to Covid, simply because of a few rare political threads I have chimed in on in the past. It really made me start acting like a **** afterwards, completely stupid on my part to act just like this asshat did. This forum can go to hell man. Burn it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
I haven’t made the jump yet but certainly been interested in how much activity the premium board Is getting. I feel like the free board has been lacking to an extent and I assume it’s due in part to some migration.

BurgundyClone

Apr 15, 2007
East of Omaha
You do realize the politics forum is an opt-in forum, correct? You have only yourself to blame if those threads are on your page
How do you do that? I want to see zero political threads and half the posts are political, I’d love to have those ignored, how does one do that?

Cyclonefan2022

May 13, 2020
I haven’t made the jump yet but certainly been interested in how much activity the premium board Is getting. I feel like the free board has been lacking to an extent and I assume it’s due in part to some migration.
Probably explains why the only posts I see are about politics or off-topic. There isn’t much activity in the sports related section.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Probably explains why the only posts I see are about politics or off-topic. There isn’t much activity in the sports related section.

Disappointing 2/3 of a basketball season followed by no sports of any kind for over 2 months and a huge "?" over if/when football will happen.

The "Last Dance" thread is the closest to sports anybody is talking about. I could get really into the NBA draft buildup (even if a Cyclone wasn't involved) but even that has been pushed back indefinitely.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Cheers.

It is very enjoyable to have a brief but substantive and focused conversation when Chris posts news about a recruit.

So far, I don't think we have had a single thread on the Premium board that has devolved into politics or Hok trolling.

Living the high life on the Premium board.
chris williams emoji.png

Status
Not open for further replies.