Things you wish you didn't say!

brycy

Apr 11, 2006
download.jpeg
A guy at work opened a desk drawer I saw these. I said "Guys, I use to like guys.". Male co-worker said that's nice to know.
Let's hear yours.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Several years ago, my best friend and his wife were over at our house for dinner. My wife and I were talking about a bunch of things we'd picked up earlier in the day at Dicks Sporting Goods.

My friend chimes in with, "Man, I ******* love Dicks."

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
I had way too many drinks at the big 12 tournament and called my wife a bad name when we were down 18 to Baylor. She came back eventually as did ISU. She still doesn’t forgive me for that transgression.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
When my son was 10 or 12, he asked me after a game of basketball if I let him win. It wasn't necessarily what I said, but how I said it and the ensuing questions that led him to know that I did. Clearly wasn't prepared for that question, and I wish I could have it back, as his self confidence took a hit.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
My life is one big, long string of starting to say something, realizing about halfway through that it potentially sounds weird/dirty/crazy but that I'm too far in to stop now without drawing further attention to it, so just completing the weird thing I was going to say.

tolstoy

Aug 17, 2016
I have the worst thing, and I still feel terrible about it 30 years later.

When I was in fifth grade one of our teachers was terminal with cancer. Our entire class gathered to send a personal message to the teacher via a video. Each student stood in front of a camera and gave their well wishes to the teacher. When it was my turn I ended my message with a generic “see ya later”. But, for some reason thought better of that and added “well, maybe not”. They wouldn’t let me re record the message. She passed away a couple weeks later.

tolstoy

Beernuts

Nov 9, 2017
I have the worst thing, and I still feel terrible about it 30 years later.

When I was in fifth grade one of our teachers was terminal with cancer. Our entire class gathered to send a personal message to the teacher via a video. Each student stood in front of a camera and gave their well wishes to the teacher. When it was my turn I ended my message with a generic “see ya later”. But, for some reason thought better of that and added “well, maybe not”. They wouldn’t let me re record the message. She passed away a couple weeks later.

tolstoy

Honestly...If I was that teacher and saw your video I would be laughing and smiling.

But then again...maybe...

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I was making plans to go play trivia with some friends. Shot my wife a text that said "Do you care if I do trivia?", or at least that was my intent. For some reason it corrected to "Do you care if I do Tricia", with Tricia happening to be the name of my secretary.

Whoops.

Tri4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2012
Des Moines
My life is one big, long string of starting to say something, realizing about halfway through that it potentially sounds weird/dirty/crazy but that I'm too far in to stop now without drawing further attention to it, so just completing the weird thing I was going to say.

Same man...same. Even the rare few times I DO stop myself...whomever I'm talking to insists I complete my sentence. They often wish I hadn't.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
I had way too many drinks at the big 12 tournament and called my wife a bad name when we were down 18 to Baylor. She came back eventually as did ISU. She still doesn’t forgive me for that transgression.
Because of that ISU won, Thank-you! You did it! :)

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Same man...same. Even the rare few times I DO stop myself...whomever I'm talking to insists I complete my sentence. They often wish I hadn't.

I like to think that the fact that we started saying whatever means that we are innocent and pure... but more likely, I'm just wildly un-self-aware.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
I was making plans to go play trivia with some friends. Shot my wife a text that said "Do you care if I do trivia?", or at least that was my intent. For some reason it corrected to "Do you care if I do Tricia", with Tricia happening to be the name of my secretary.

Whoops.

That auto-correct could have worked out for you if she was open to it. :cool:

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
I have had two occasions in life where I was sitting in a public lunchroom and shot my mouth off with a critical opinion of someone/something, only to then realize that a person in the group I was criticizing was sitting right next to me or right across from me. Once in college, once in high school. Still feel bad about both of those two.

Another major foot-in-mouth moment I think I've told on here before: I worked at a bank briefly several years ago, and we had to do these things called "medallion signature guarantee" (think like a notary on steroids -- have to provide multiple forms of ID, have a banking relationship, etc.) Anyhow, a married couple comes in and needs one of these signature guarantees. I should have asked them up front what the purpose of their visit was, but I instead asked them to get out their multiple forms of ID first. The man made a lighthearted comment about having to provide all this documentation, and I jokingly said "Yeah, they pretty much make you sign away your firstborn child!"

About 2 minutes later, I ask what they needed the signature guarantee was for, and they explained that their firstborn child had died, and they needed this paperwork to transfer her college savings plan to another beneficiary. I felt like the world's biggest jerk.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron