Aiken

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I don't love Prohm lol, I'm just being fair to the guy because as much as a ton of people don't like to hear this, he deserves another year. Last year was an absolute s*** show, but I'm not going to completely melt down because of it. Prohm is doing exactly what he should be doing to be better next year and that's get rid of the guys who have been here and haven't improved, bring in a good recruiting class, and land a couple of transfers.

Think about it.. If we'd land Turner or Aiken, the majority of people on here would immediately be happy. They'd go from jumping off the deep end, to looking at next season with optimism. Neither of those guys have committed elsewhere yet and there are going to end up being guys that end up transferring later on that we'll have opportunities to get.

If Prohm doesn't turn it around this next season, he is likely gone. Complaining about the past is stupid when nothing can be done to change that. Literally nothing. So you can sit here and whine about it or choose to have even a sliver of faith and see what happens. Either way, after next year, most people will be happy. Prohm's either fired, or we've had a good season.
I’m still optimistic Prohm can turn it around, but I disagree with most of this.

Deserve another year? This isn’t volunteering. Depending on where one thinks the program is going, and what we could get in replace of him, he should or shouldn’t be replaced.

Prohm is not doing exactly what he needs to do to fix things. We need different assistants! Last year wasn’t the first year of poor play.

People aren’t jumping off the deep end. We’re already in bad shape! This isn’t reactionary. You and I choose to preemptively jump assuming good news soon, but I can respect they need to see it first.

And even if the unlikely happens and we land those players, there’s still the coaching issues. Again, you can’t fault them for thinking whatever talent we do have won’t be “maxed out”.

Your last paragraph is kind of odd to find on a message board. What exactly does posting positive or negative about the past or future change anything? It’s likely the fact you and I have our heads in the sand is related to the value in complaining about the past

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I’m still optimistic Prohm can turn it around, but I disagree with most of this.

Deserve another year? This isn’t volunteering. Depending on where one thinks the program is going, and what we could get in replace of him, he should or shouldn’t be replaced.

Prohm is not doing exactly what he needs to do to fix things. We need different assistants! Last year wasn’t the first year of poor play.

People aren’t jumping off the deep end. We’re already in bad shape! This isn’t reactionary. You and I choose to preemptively jump assuming good news soon, but I can respect they need to see it first.

And even if the unlikely happens and we land those players, there’s still the coaching issues. Again, you can’t fault them for thinking whatever talent we do have won’t be “maxed out”.

Your last paragraph is kind of odd to find on a message board. What exactly does posting positive or negative about the past or future change anything? It’s likely the fact you and I have our heads in the sand is related to the value in complaining about the past
He doesn't deserve this next year because he's a nice person or whatever, he deserves it because he had a good year two years ago. Great year? No, but it was good. You don't fire someone for having one bad year imo.

I'll agree with you on the assistant thing. I think there should be some shakeup there.

When I say people are freaking out, I'm saying people are looking at each player going to another school as a failure for Coach Prohm when we're still in the beginning stages of the spring recruiting season. I just think people should take a step back before completely giving up for next year, that's all. As I said before, if we're still in this situation in a month or so, I'm probably going to be right there with them.

As far as my last paragraph, I'd agree it was weird for a message board. These are for posting opinions whether they're positive or negative so that's my bad.

Reactions: isutrevman

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I don't love Prohm lol, I'm just being fair to the guy because as much as a ton of people don't like to hear this, he deserves another year. Last year was an absolute s*** show, but I'm not going to completely melt down because of it. Prohm is doing exactly what he should be doing to be better next year and that's get rid of the guys who have been here and haven't improved, bring in a good recruiting class, and land a couple of transfers.

Think about it.. If we'd land Turner or Aiken, the majority of people on here would immediately be happy. They'd go from jumping off the deep end, to looking at next season with optimism. Neither of those guys have committed elsewhere yet and there are going to end up being guys that end up transferring later on that we'll have opportunities to get.

If Prohm doesn't turn it around this next season, he is likely gone. Complaining about the past is stupid when nothing can be done to change that. Literally nothing. So you can sit here and whine about it or choose to have even a sliver of faith and see what happens. Either way, after next year, most people will be happy. Prohm's either fired, or we've had a good season.

I honestly don't understand why this is so hard to understand...

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
As long as Jamie the accountant has a buyout clause in bold print, the 'deserve or doesn't deserve' debate doesn't really matter. But, the CF banter does help pass the stay at home time.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
This might be a stupid question. Is this not the time of year to go after Jucos? We need a shooter and a pg. None worth looking at in the juco ranks?

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
He doesn't deserve this next year because he's a nice person or whatever, he deserves it because he had a good year two years ago. Great year? No, but it was good. You don't fire someone for having one bad year imo.

I'll agree with you on the assistant thing. I think there should be some shakeup there.

When I say people are freaking out, I'm saying people are looking at each player going to another school as a failure for Coach Prohm when we're still in the beginning stages of the spring recruiting season. I just think people should take a step back before completely giving up for next year, that's all. As I said before, if we're still in this situation in a month or so, I'm probably going to be right there with them.

As far as my last paragraph, I'd agree it was weird for a message board. These are for posting opinions whether they're positive or negative so that's my bad.

2 of the last 3 years have been terrible. He horribly underachieved with one of the most loaded rosters in ISU history (arguably more than once). The only reason he is still getting an opportunity is because our AD's equation for wins vs dollars hasn't hit red yet.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
2 of the last 3 years have been terrible. He horribly underachieved with one of the most loaded rosters in ISU history (arguably more than once). The only reason he is still getting an opportunity is because our AD's equation for wins vs dollars hasn't hit red yet.
Yes I'm sure that is absolutely the only reason he's getting another year.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
This might be a stupid question. Is this not the time of year to go after Jucos? We need a shooter and a pg. None worth looking at in the juco ranks?

JUCO basketball is not what it used to be. Plus I don't think we've ever hit on a Spring JUCO that I can remember

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA

We cooled on the only available JuCo worth taking (Keon Ellis). If we keep missing that could end up being a mistake.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
20 min until he commits on Instagram. Foster followed him yesterday and since yesterday Georges started following him too
This would totally revive the fan base. Wanted this kid from the minute he announced transfer. Fingers crossed

Reactions: Statefan10

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I remember when the four recruits came in that were this year sophomores, somebody said we would be really excited. Unfortunately for us, one went pro after his freshman year and another is going to be a lottery pick possibly. Dont you think some of the struggles we’re in just plain comes down to not having a good base of 3-4 year players? Just think how experienced some of our good teams have been the last five years. Look, I know it’s up to Prohm to reload but it is easier said than done. Take for example Kansas this year, experienced. Iowa next year, ton of veterans. Fran F. was right, Prohm has been a victim of his own successful recruiting (& maybe combined with not- so-good recruiting) It might take two years for any coach to rebuild this thing.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I remember when the four recruits came in that were this year sophomores, somebody said we would be really excited. Unfortunately for us, one went pro after his freshman year and another is going to be a lottery pick possibly. Dont you think some of the struggles we’re in just plain comes down to not having a good base of 3-4 year players? Just think how experienced some of our good teams have been the last five years. Look, I know it’s up to Prohm to reload but it is easier said than done. Take for example Kansas this year, experienced. Iowa next year, ton of veterans. Fran F. was right, Prohm has been a victim of his own successful recruiting (& maybe combined with not- so-good recruiting) It might take two years for any coach to rebuild this thing.

Even Fred had four year players sprinkled in with all his transfers.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Aiken Commits to Seton Hall per his Instagram