Pemsl enters transfer portal

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
They are on an equal footing with UNI, but they were only the 7th or 8th best team in the same conference. It may have been a close game between ISU/Drake regardless of Haliburton playing. They and UNI always play the bigger state schools tough.
They are not on equal footing. They have higher academic standards for entrance. Just like Northwestern in the Big 10. It is not an easy place to win at.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I'm sorry but Devries better than Jake? That is far and away one of the dumbest things I've ever read on here.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
They are not on equal footing. They have higher academic standards for entrance. Just like Northwestern in the Big 10. It is not an easy place to win at.
Keno Davis laughs at that thought.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I wonder if Hawk fans would have counted Augustana if it was a play-in game in Dayton? They sure can twist in the wind to fit their narrative. Its what you do when you've spent the last two decades chasing your cross-state rival. Sorry to bring up Dayton- I know that's been a sore point in recent weeks for you guys.
Well, if they win in Iowa City next season they will have won 4 out or the last 5 ( I like their chances). That wouldn't really be chasing anymore now would it? I don't deny that the Clones have accomplished more the last 20 years, that's just a fact. We'll see how next season plays out but it appears momentum is swinging east. You can't deny there is a high level of concern among the Cyclone fans. You have 4 empty scholarships and Prohm is under a lot of pressure to bring in some help fast.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I think it would've been a coin flip who would've won if the two teams had played late in the year.

So what words would you use to describe Iowa State and Drake this most recent year if they weren't terrible? Average? Bad?

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
KenPom

89 - Bad
163 - Average

Lol!
if you want to compare and hold the Cyclones to the same standard as Drake go right ahead. Lol. Maybe you should talk to your congressman and see if you can get an annual football and basketball series set up with them.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
if you want to compare and hold the Cyclones to the same standard as Drake go right ahead. Lol. Maybe you should talk to your congressman and see if you can get an annual football and basketball series set up with them.
Woof

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Yikes Buddy

Mick Mars

Mar 19, 2017
Well, if they win in Iowa City next season they will have won 4 out or the last 5 ( I like their chances). That wouldn't really be chasing anymore now would it? I don't deny that the Clones have accomplished more the last 20 years, that's just a fact. We'll see how next season plays out but it appears momentum is swinging east. You can't deny there is a high level of concern among the Cyclone fans. You have 4 empty scholarships and Prohm is under a lot of pressure to bring in some help fast.

Mick Mars

Mar 19, 2017
Not sure what you're trying to accomplish here? So you've won 3 of the last 4 (I'll wait on next year because I can remember a couple of times in recent years where ISU thought they would win and didn't)- were you on here 4-5 years ago telling us about how ISU had won 5 of the previous 6? We get that you're fired up that you werely clearly better than ISU for the first time in two decades. I'm not denying Prohm is on the hot seat and needs to win next year. Just like IA fans were disgruntled with Alford before he was done. Just like IA only put up with Lickliter for 3 years. Just like IA fans have had plenty of times the last ten years that they believed Fran was not the answer. It's college sports and it happens EVERYWHERE- especially at places like IA and ISU. If Prohm doesn't fill those four 'ships with enough talent, he'll be gone. I happen to think he's a first class guy (much like Tom Davis) and I hope he gets it done. IA was 20-11 and in a four way tie for 5th place- it's not like they won the league and went to the Final Four. If that's your measuring stick these days, go for it. We clearly were not near our measuring stick this year but have a little bit of credit built up as a program (Prohm doesn't).

The need to come on here and seek justification by reminding us of your "great" year comes off a little small to me.

Kinnick80

Jul 20, 2014
Haven’t read thread but Pemsl would be a take for ISU at this point right? Starting 4 man?