WWE WrestleMania 36 Weekend Thread

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I don't think it was posted anywhere, but did anyone see the Dark Side of the Cage: Chris Benoit documentary? I thought it was really well done. I wonder why his daughter wasn't mentioned or participate.

Outside of the obvious main story, I was wondering what Chris's son was up to. Turns out he tried to wrestle for a Canadian promotion 2 years ago and Jericho called the promoter and told him he didn't have enough training and it would be dangerous, which is interesting cause he's a close family friend.

If you haven't seen it both parts are on Youtube on the Vice channel, really well done! Jericho led the production of it.

I posted earlier in this thread on it. Saw and thought it was pretty good. I never knew that Eddie passed away in Chavo's arms. Also now crazy that more wrestling from late 90's and early 2000's aren't messed up from unprotected head shots from steel chairs.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
I think that would be overkill, as everyone knows they are going empty, or they are too dumb and would think they are putting people at risk.

Like someone else said above I think it's a good time to try something way off the wall. I don't have cable anymore so I can't comment on Raw/Smackdown lately, however I saw some AEW clips on YouTube in an empty arena and thought they did some interesting things while still address the lack of crowd. They were Jericho segments though and he can pretty much sell anything.

BTW, They used to start off saying Raw is the longest running episodic show, is it still, or did they miss one?

EDIT: I wouldn't mind if they piped in some fake crowd noise. We know they aren't there but I feel like you just expect to hear that in sports.

AEW allowing the other wrestlers to yell during the matches makes a big difference. Their heckling is also really entertaining.

I think they are still the longest running show.

I think off the wall would be great. Like way of the wall. Maybe more scenes like they do in fake bars and restaurants, except make them longer like a sitcom. Also run a few different stories at the same time like a soap opera. They could still fight in these scenes, but most of these people have shown that they can entertain without that.

This wouldn't be permanent, but it could be funny and entertaining for a while. Shoot, I would tune in every week for an Otis and Mandy Rose show along with live shows with crowds.

That kind of stuff is outside the box.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
So the "truth" was revealed in the Mandy Otis Ziggler storyline. Figured Deville would be the one behind it. I listened to a few podcasts who thought the ultimate swerve would of been if Tucker was behind it.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
So the "truth" was revealed in the Mandy Otis Ziggler storyline. Figured Deville would be the one behind it. I listened to a few podcasts who thought the ultimate swerve would of been if Tucker was behind it.

The Otis/Mandy story line is one of the only reasons to watch these days. It is still must see TV. Fire and Desire are in a tough spot right now.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Pre show on now. Feeling the usual Mania excitement but I'm also very skeptical. Hope this doesn't totally suck.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Longswords, battle axes, flails - imagine that. WWE has their wrestlers wielding weapons that would never work on a pirate ship.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Kabuki Warriors (c) vs Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross for the Women's tag team titles.

And we get to listen to JBL on commentary again.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
This is so hard to watch without fan noise. Wish they'd at least put random wrestlers in the stands like AEW does.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
"Why is Elias here?"

Uh - it was a 15-foot fall. People take harder falls than that in normal matches.

King Corbin vs Elias.