Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Has to be true right now. Wonder if they will claim unemployment?

Self-employed, I'd sign up.

I signed my step-daughter up since all her modeling gigs are on hold. I figure she at least qualifies for the $600 per week as a independent contractor model.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Self-employed, I'd sign up.

I signed my step-daughter up since all her modeling gigs are on hold. I figure she at least qualifies for the $600 per week as a independent contractor model.
Pretty much no one is getting denied unemployment benefits right now.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Place that we had my son's car fixed at, it was a drop off deal. May have loaners but we never need one so I can't say what happens there; but they didn't let people hang out in the building.
But is that a repair shop or a dealership? I have been many to dealerships getting work warranty work done on my vehicles, and most of the waiting rooms are right by the new vehicle area.

This idea that they need to be selling new vehicles just shows how silly the current way that we are doing thinks is crazy. Reynolds is trying to have the best of both side, hoping to not piss off business by closing them down.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
I actually quit too, but my wife is watching them because of how it pertains to her job. I just happened to get home from delivering tax returns and caught the very end where she said what i posted.

She stated Iowa's workforce is 80% essential because of all the Agriculture, Manufacturing, Financial/Insurance and State Employees.

I tend to agree with the 80% mark when you factor in those 4 items and then add in all the other "essential" items from the Dept of Homeland Security website.

So she didn't say 100% of manufacturing but her phrasing tends to point that way.

You could also look at it that HNI produces office furniture, which would fall under the "producing items for work at home" clause that makes them essential.

Well ****. It’s really baffling why she won’t just issue the sip than. There has to be something she’s protecting from shutdown.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
But is that a repair shop or a dealership? I have been many to dealerships getting work warranty work done on my vehicles, and most of the waiting rooms are right by the new vehicle area.

This idea that they need to be selling new vehicles just shows how silly the current way that we are doing thinks is crazy. Reynolds is trying to have the best of both side, hoping to not piss off business by closing them down.
There’s more people who support a SIP than ones who don’t by far.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Unless you need a new vehicle.

But how many people really need a new vehicle and need it right now. Leased vehicles just run the contract out a few more months under the same terms that they currently have, factor in the extra mileage that they will put on their current vehicle.

You people are making up excuses of why businesses should stay open, few are really necessary, but under the list provided by the governor, almost any factory is.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
But how many people really need a new vehicle and need it right now. Leased vehicles just run the contract out a few more months under the same terms that they currently have, factor in the extra mileage that they will put on their current vehicle.

You people are making up excuses of why businesses should stay open, few are really necessary, but under the list provided by the governor, almost any factory is.

We're pretty close. It's on the list of things to finagle over the next couple months.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
We're pretty close. It's on the list of things to finagle over the next couple months.

Another thing we can't keep up with is the automobile.

I need an oil change soonish and was told last fall that I would likely need to get at least one set of brakes done. I'd like to get it done at a place where I can walk around or sit outside during the work or something.

Saw an ad for an auto place that's offering to pick up your vehicle to take it to get work done during this time. I suppose it's good if you didn't drive for about 3 days after they were done, but doesn't a person being in the car for the time it takes to drive to the shop give a better chance for transmission?

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
So to be elected should require a degree in Science or Math?
Please respond to the following statement with "yes" or "no":

It shouldn't be controversial to expect someone with no medical knowledge whatsoever to listen to their own boards of medical professionals.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
What industry is currently operating that will be closed under a SIP?
I’ve mentioned this before, but I work at Scheels and we’ve more or less been told that if a SIP is ordered, we will more than likely close down

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I’ve mentioned this before, but I work at Scheels and we’ve more or less been told that if a SIP is ordered, we will more than likely close down

Yeah but in all honestly they should be closed now like the other non-essential stores.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Another thing we can't keep up with is the automobile.

I need an oil change soonish and was told last fall that I would likely need to get at least one set of brakes done. I'd like to get it done at a place where I can walk around or sit outside during the work or something.

Saw an ad for an auto place that's offering to pick up your vehicle to take it to get work done during this time. I suppose it's good if you didn't drive for about 3 days after they were done, but doesn't a person being in the car for the time it takes to drive to the shop give a better chance for transmission?

Brakes are basically 2 bolts, you got this.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Yeah but in all honestly they should be closed now like the other non-essential stores.
No disagreement here. But for whatever reason they aren’t closing til that happens. And even then I’m not 100% sure we’ll close

Status
Not open for further replies.