Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
It's all coming into focus now-- you just want to work from home and can't until she says the magic words!

(Kidding)
Lol if I were at a place that were taking this seriously and was actively taking the steps to make sure their employees were being safe, then I would feel a lot more comfortable here. It's the complete opposite.

Two people are out sick today, one of them missed yesterday as well, and both of them were absolutely hacking at their desk. My employers were talking and said if they feel better they can come to work.

Most of the people here could work from home if allowed, but no one is being allowed due to sheer ignorance of this situation.[/QUOTE]

I can tell by the number of post you have in this thread that you are getting a lot done being at work!

(kidding, again)

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
The gray area around businesses and a stay at home order is interesting.

My company won’t officially close our office until we get an official order, but they have actively encouraged work from home, and everyone in our office has been at home the past 1.5 - 2 weeks. But another one of our offices here in state has more of that old school mentality, and plenty of people in that office won’t go home until they’re forced to.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Lol if I were at a place that were taking this seriously and was actively taking the steps to make sure their employees were being safe, then I would feel a lot more comfortable here. It's the complete opposite.

Two people are out sick today, one of them missed yesterday as well, and both of them were absolutely hacking at their desk. My employers were talking and said if they feel better they can come to work.

Most of the people here could work from home if allowed, but no one is being allowed due to sheer ignorance of this situation.

I can tell by the number of post you have in this thread that you are getting a lot done being at work!

(kidding, again)[/QUOTE]
As long as I'm completing my tasks on time I'm A-okay haha

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Those Linn county numbers are getting concerning.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Does anyone know why Reynolds has that Sarah lady up there at the press conferences when it’s clear she doesn’t know anything. How about have the actually epidemiologist up there answering questions.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Does anyone know why Reynolds has that Sarah lady up there at the press conferences when it’s clear she doesn’t know anything. How about have the actually epidemiologist up there answering questions.
Yeah if you look at Sarah's qualifications, it doesn't appear she should be the one explaining these types of specifics to the public.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

You know the answer but I am not going to be the one to say it.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
a lot more cases. 73 new. Lots in Linn county. If most of those are in a nursing homes, the deaths are going to go up.
Another death was added too, as well as 10 more hospitalized.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
How many of the Linn county cases are going to the U of I hospital? Some, most, none?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
How many of the Linn county cases are going to the U of I hospital? Some, most, none?
I'd assume they were going to Mercy Medical in downtown Cedar Rapids but I don't know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron