Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealisticCy

Nov 2, 2014
Ames, IA
Probably because that’s the same message the CDC is providing? Mild symptoms should not warrant a test; stay home and recover unless you are high risk.

This advice would work great, if people actually stayed the **** home. Had a coworker show up to work last Monday coughing his ass off; said he was sick all weekend. Called his doctor who asked him if he had a fever, took his word for it over the phone that he did not, and said it was ok for him to go to work. This guy had been to a conference out of state and to Kansas City for the Big 12 tourney in the 7 days prior.....

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
This advice would work great, if people actually stayed the **** home. Had a coworker show up to work last Monday coughing his ass off; said he was sick all weekend. Called his doctor who asked him if he had a fever, took his word for it over the phone that he did not, and said it was ok for him to go to work. This guy had been to a conference out of state and to Kansas City for the Big 12 tourney in the 7 days prior.....

Please tell me you guys sent him home immediately

• Agree
Reactions: mkadl and BCClone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
One balance/challenge for Governor Reynolds will hit in about 2 weeks. Planting season will go full bore. Going to be impossible to have businesses limited to 10 total people then. Most employees will be limited to contact with just a few and not much physical contact will be required so social distancing will be fine. It will be a juggling act for sure though.

Prevent Plant for the entire midwest. I mean the only problem would be the grain shortage starting in about Nov. and not ending until Oct 2021. ;):rolleyes:o_O I'm sure we could import enough grain to keep the nations livestock fed:rolleyes::eek:o_O.

And for anyone taking this serious, This was all tongue in cheek!

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Change 24 hours to 2 weeks, and I agree.

Agree... I have no idea why I said 24 hours. It should be 14 days minimum.

But it won't happen. We'll allow all these spring breakers to come back and infect everyone else. I hope they had a great time at the expense of everyone else. Frickin' losers.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
In the big picture Iowa is 35th in the nation for confirmed cases so a lock down order is a bit over-reaction at this point. Illinois is 8th and that is mostly because of Chicago which is a huge travel hub for travel and population. Also just how much would a shut down order really affect considering the largest employers in the state are essential financial and retail businesses. Frank Cownie may have good intentions but when the majority of the workforce in downtown Des Moines is financial and insurance business those people have no choice but to report to work if they don't have a work from home option.

Makes sense. Wait until the epidemic hits everyone, then act when it's too late.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
A lot of businesses(even the post office) would rather someone come in and work sick through this crisis than have to worry about covering a shift or route. It’s sickening and inhumane.

You nuts, this is not going on at all. The owners of the company I work have specifically said otherwise. We would get sent home with any signs of being sick. I am guessing gov't. entities would do the same.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman
Status
Not open for further replies.