Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
You’re burying the headline. How was the sandwich?

It could never live up to hype. With that said, probably my favorite mainstream chicken sandwich. I liked it more than chik fil a, which was my previous favorite. Id rather not go back to the Merle Hay one though.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
You went to Merle Hay? Were you car jacked?
I went to that Merle Hay Popeyes location a month or so ago and it was ****!ng gross! Garbage was overflowing, tables were dirty, and the bathroom smelled like someone died in it. Food was still pretty good... lol!

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames
It might have been discussed, but my daycare in WDM is closing at 3pm starting tomorrow.

Did they put a timeframe on it or just, until further notice?

Been waiting for this notice from our daycare in Ankeny. It’s gotta be coming.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
I went to that Merle Hay Popeyes location a month or so ago and it was ****!ng gross! Garbage was overflowing, tables were dirty, and the bathroom smelled like someone died in it. Food was still pretty good... lol!
Rookie move. Never use the bathroom at a fast food joint. Can ruin the whole experience. I usually try not to look at the teeth of the drive through employee either....

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Rookie move. Never use the bathroom at a fast food joint. Can ruin the whole experience. I usually try not to look at the teeth of the drive through employee either....
At least I used it after the meal was done. But yeah, I'll never make that mistake again.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.

That's one of three Popeye's I've ever been too. Chik-fil-A for me. Plus, Chik-fil-A's service is 1000 times better than Popeye's.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Here's an article dealing with lung capacity in Korean patients:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sc...ona-can-be-left-gasping-for-breath-afterwards

Doesn't it give you viral pneumonia in advanced cases? That is going to **** your lungs up. I had a coworker who got pneumonia and he wasn't breathing right for months afterwards. Would get fatigued walking the stairs and stuff like that.
Regardless of whether there is permanent scarring (scary) or not it should be used to scare young people into staying home.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Or the 'I learned it from watching you!' with the druggie Dad.
giphy.gif

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
So is anyone else a little leery of even getting takeout right now? What are the chances the virus could be passed through food if someone in the kitchen is a carrier?

• Agree
Reactions: LindenCy

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
So is anyone else a little leery of even getting takeout right now? What are the chances the virus could be passed through food if someone in the kitchen is a carrier?

It could. But my feeling is that I’m going to get this. But I’m practicing social distancing so I won’t give it to someone.

Reactions: Gunnerclone

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Think I read the transmission potential is pretty low being passed from person, on to food, then to another person. It seems to feed on person to person transmission via aerosolized particles.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Think I read the transmission potential is pretty low being passed from person, on to food, then to another person. It seems to feed on person to person transmission via aerosolized particles.

But aerosolized particles can live on food containers for 24 hours or longer from what I’ve heard.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored
Status
Not open for further replies.