Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Glad I stocked up on pajamas when they were on clearance after Christmas. I credit my inner sloth instincts for this foresight.

Think I need to go walkabout later. Sunny but after today weather is rainy gloomy ******. Already been eating too much out of boredom, mostly during evenings.

Need to do something constructive. Running out of excuses to avoid doing my taxes. :oops:

I did mine. I owe both Federal and state, so I'm waiting as long as possible to send them in. ******* tRump and his "tax cuts". Whatever.

• Agree
Reactions: harimad

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'm trying to understand the wife's logic. I just closed the garage door because it's 35 degrees out and the garage has a 7000 watt heater trying to heat the space and apparently the outside. 3 minutes later she goes out and opens the door, drives a vehicle in (while leaving the inside door open) and then just leaving the garage door open again. So now the house is freezing and the garage heater is just burning electricity because it is ice cold. Worst part is my work coats, boats and hats are all in the garage and I need to heat out and do a couple things. Feet are going to be freezing.

Drives me nuts.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
I'm trying to understand the wife's logic. I just closed the garage door because it's 35 degrees out and the garage has a 7000 watt heater trying to heat the space and apparently the outside. 3 minutes later she goes out and opens the door, drives a vehicle in (while leaving the inside door open) and then just leaving the garage door open again. So now the house is freezing and the garage heater is just burning electricity because it is ice cold. Worst part is my work coats, boats and hats are all in the garage and I need to heat out and do a couple things. Feet are going to be freezing.

Drives me nuts.

How many boats do you have? #HumbleBrag

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
"The court has discontinued all civil and criminal jury trials during the month of March 2020 due to the Novel Coronavirus and COVID-19 disease. This concludes your jury service, and you are no longer required to check for reporting instructions. We appreciate your serving as a juror in the United States District Court."

There is a bright side to this whole mess :)
Yeah, especially since they didn't just defer you until the next time around.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I have to swing by the motorcycle parts store and drop off some flyers for our poker run this June. Hopefully we'll still be able to have it.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I have to swing by the motorcycle parts store and drop off some flyers for our poker run this June. Hopefully we'll still be able to have it.
We cancelled our trip to TX this week, and our trip to the west coast & Washington in June. As of right now, our cruise in late August is still a go...
All I can say on THAT front is "Thank goodness we opted for trip insurance!". We may need it.

Reactions: harimad

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I have a guy im friends with thats probably in his 80s and is always at my hy-vee. Today instead of the typical handshake into the hug he gave me an elbow bump. **** is getting serious folks.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY
Status
Not open for further replies.