Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
I did get the last package of cinnamon raisin english muffins at the store today.

Wondering if today's increase of sales will rival last Thursday's. Won't know until I go back on Wednesday.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY and cyrevkah

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Wife watching frozen 2. Ive never seen frozen 1 so not much interest. Besides the whole it’s a musical type thing and I do t really get into those.

The vixen had that on last night, too. I went downstairs and watched ISU MBB games from the Big 12 tourney that I DVR'd this weekend.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
College week on Wheel and the lady from South Florida is killing it. She's won trips to St. Lucia and South Africa, a ****'s shopping spree, and the $10,000 wedge. $45,000 plus so far.
She didn't get the final one but I did. Granted, Wifey-Poo paused it so I got more than 10 secs.:rolleyes:

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
I guess quarantines make us bakers want to bake more. I joined @Cybirdy in the baking club last night with a batch of oatmeal raisin cookies. This after baking a skillet cookie (chocolate chip, of course) this past weekend. I have enough butter, flour, eggs, and sugar (edit: and yeast!!) in the pantry to make God knows how many more batches of whatever.

We're going to gain so much weight during the next few weeks. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Cybirdy

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
"The court has discontinued all civil and criminal jury trials during the month of March 2020 due to the Novel Coronavirus and COVID-19 disease. This concludes your jury service, and you are no longer required to check for reporting instructions. We appreciate your serving as a juror in the United States District Court."

There is a bright side to this whole mess :)

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
We made our run through the library before their hiatus.
Got our little space set up for school stuff. Z jumped to it and started writing, so we took pics to show her teachers. (She doesn't always do the writing in school, and just saves it for home.)

Toys, books, and stuff are stocked up. I think we're physically ready now.
Well, except the living room, but that's a multi-day project as Z and I planned out break.
I was going to go to the ISU library today, but after receiving a message last night on an updated due date (2 days later) for currently checked out books, I guess i missed my chance. I've already read 3 of the 4 I have.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Have a new acronym to go with DND, NDY and NSY. TSS for The Stubbornly Stupid. And yes, inspired by our CF COVID-19 threads.

Had to turn off the public radio discussion and call-in with local health officials. Was pretty depressing. Hennepin County healthcare with their big fancy lab can't do testing and is waiting days to get results for remote locales. They have the facility and staff but cannot get the test or even all of the chemicals they need.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
My 14yr old made one last run through the library yesterday, too. Her friends she hangs around with are all readers and a couple live within the neighborhood. They can drop books off at each other’s houses the next month or so and be just fine.

I have been telling my kids we are still on Spring Break this week so not worrying about anything “educational”. After that, our school has already said they will not be doing online learning. The HS math teacher my oldest has pretty much teaches through online videos, so he has asked their class to do 10min of math a day. The younger ones are easy to keep working on math and my kids read a lot anyway. I did tell my 8yr old maybe we would attempt to learn how to play piano (we just have a small keyboard for her to learn on). Hoping the oldest will go out with the younger 2 and work on throwing/catching/hitting.

Reactions: cyrevkah

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Glad I stocked up on pajamas when they were on clearance after Christmas. I credit my inner sloth instincts for this foresight.

Think I need to go walkabout later. Sunny but after today weather is rainy gloomy ******. Already been eating too much out of boredom, mostly during evenings.

Need to do something constructive. Running out of excuses to avoid doing my taxes. :oops:

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Glad I stocked up on pajamas when they were on clearance after Christmas. I credit my inner sloth instincts for this foresight.

Think I need to go walkabout later. Sunny but after today weather is rainy gloomy ******. Already been eating too much out of boredom, mostly during evenings.

Need to do something constructive. Running out of excuses to avoid doing my taxes. :oops:
Partly cloudy and 36 degrees. Should try to get an outside lunch time walk in.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
I guess quarantines make us bakers want to bake more. I joined @Cybirdy in the baking club last night with a batch of oatmeal raisin cookies. This after baking a skillet cookie (chocolate chip, of course) this past weekend. I have enough butter, flour, eggs, and sugar (edit: and yeast!!) in the pantry to make God knows how many more batches of whatever.

We're going to gain so much weight during the next few weeks. :(

Oatmeal raisin cookies are, IMO, severely underrated and catch a lot of unnecessary grief.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
"The court has discontinued all civil and criminal jury trials during the month of March 2020 due to the Novel Coronavirus and COVID-19 disease. This concludes your jury service, and you are no longer required to check for reporting instructions. We appreciate your serving as a juror in the United States District Court."

There is a bright side to this whole mess :)

Better not get arrested for anything, you may be sitting there an extra month.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
1) Need to stop checking the account off and on. It goes down when I look, up when I do other things and get busy.

2) You bastards rubbing it in about cinnamon raisin stuff (especially to somebody who is on a diet) are mean, just mean

3) @Cybirdy no online because the state isn't going to count it. Sounds like the wife will need to make up the days. I told here if the two youngest have to do online, its best for her to go in. We would have four people online doing classes and that would be a cluster.

Status
Not open for further replies.