JTS Improvements - Want More

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
View attachment 70550

Better? If you go to the link, you can see the same exact thing :) More done than yesterday, not as much as will be done tomorrow, but you'll have to check out the live feed tomorrow to know how much more is completed.

I know, silly thing to bicker about. I assumed your rub was that if you wanted a current look in at the progress that the link is always available anyway so shouldn't be bumped. But it's the interwebs and I had to respond after realizing a screenshot of the live feed is what you'd prefer over the live video feed itself ;) all in good fun!

I like anything posted in this thread because it reminds me to pay attention to the project. Unlike other projects, this one hasn't kept my attention.

Reactions: STATE12

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
It's all going to be connected when it' done

View attachment 70694

They're going to have a lot of work done inside the current building. It will be interesting to see how that timeline works. With the speed they are building at, there is zero doubt that this building will be up and enclosed by the end of this summer. But, they can't really do much work to the current building during the season...a lot of that space is the current locker room. I'm guessing that they use probably July through December to finish the inside work in the new building, then move into the new locker room after the season and then they'd have 3 months to renovate inside the current building to be done before spring practice 2021. Not that they'd have to have everything done by then, but they'd want that rehab area finished for sure.

I would guess that right away after the last home FB game, not only will FB move into the new locker room, but Softball and Soccer will be moving into the basement. That will clear the way for demo of the Olsen Building. And then next spring and summer will be work on the north end of JTS.

One good thing about recruiting being delayed this year...we are going to see a bunch of official and unofficial visits in June and the new building will be up by then. Not finished, but it's not going to take much imagination to see what the plan is.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I'm not complaining... I know CFB is an arms race. But this is the 3rd new locker room they've built in, what, the last 15 years?

I remember when they totally overhauled the Olsen/Jacobsen I want to say 2005-07 somewhere in there. Then the addition on the Bergstrom in 2015 or so. Now this new building gets a new locker room again.

I thought the one in the Bergstrom was state-of-the-art.

BirdOfWar

May 3, 2010
Central Iowa
I'm not complaining... I know CFB is an arms race. But this is the 3rd new locker room they've built in, what, the last 15 years?

I remember when they totally overhauled the Olsen/Jacobsen I want to say 2005-07 somewhere in there. Then the addition on the Bergstrom in 2015 or so. Now this new building gets a new locker room again.

While I don't disagree with you, each time the locker room has also moved locations for one reason or another. So it's not like they are just continually renovating the same space every few years. In this case they are expanding it in the new building I believe and re-purposing the old space for other football related stuff.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby

They could have just painted the old locker room pink. That's what they do at other places to save money.

Reactions: Remo Gaggi

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
While I don't disagree with you, each time the locker room has also moved locations for one reason or another. So it's not like they are just continually renovating the same space every few years. In this case they are expanding it in the new building I believe and re-purposing the old space for other football related stuff.

Old locker room area will be an expanded sports medicine/rehab area. They are going to have a top of the line FB facility...on par or better than most of our peers. I think that the best part other than additional space and bells and whistles is that they'll now have everything in one area. Weight training, practice facility, meeting rooms, rehab, study table/tutors, dining. It eliminates the need to go to Hixon-Lied to study or MWL to eat...finding parking there had to be awful. There's no real reason to go anywhere else other than to class and the bus terminal is right there.

Reactions: wxman1

BirdOfWar

May 3, 2010
Central Iowa
Old locker room area will be an expanded sports medicine/rehab area. They are going to have a top of the line FB facility...on par or better than most of our peers. I think that the best part other than additional space and bells and whistles is that they'll now have everything in one area. Weight training, practice facility, meeting rooms, rehab, study table/tutors, dining. It eliminates the need to go to Hixon-Lied to study or MWL to eat...finding parking there had to be awful. There's no real reason to go anywhere else other than to class and the bus terminal is right there.

Yes, from your description it sounds like this will help all the players be much more efficient with their time. With how much they have going on between academics and athletics that is a big deal.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
None of this arms race to the top in college football makes any sense at all, but you HAVE to do it in order to compete.

It's just pure insanity how these football players are pampered these days. But that's what you have to do to get them to commit.

The bad part is when you extend yourself this much financially, and then an epidemic happens that might wipe out an entire season. That can ruin you pretty quick.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Didn't Paul Rhoads focus on the weight room in his Bergstrom addition? I don't remember them talking about the locker room being "state of the art" like they did about the weight room.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Didn't Paul Rhoads focus on the weight room in his Bergstrom addition? I don't remember them talking about the locker room being "state of the art" like they did about the weight room.
Believe so. Also don't think he wanted a players lounge either which they are now adding as well.