JTS Improvements - Want More

HARMCYN

Jan 20, 2012
Cambridge, IA
Heard some Rumors about the NEZ birming/Plaza project has been scrapped due to lack of funding, but Performance Center/New Football Space will continue to go on as planned- any truth here?

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Heard some Rumors about the NEZ birming/Plaza project has been scrapped due to lack of funding, but Performance Center/New Football Space will continue to go on as planned- any truth here?
That seems really unlikely because they have to take out the Olson building and redo that area anyway.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Would have been a later project and this isn’t a one week rodeo. Even if it is delayed, remember the Original JTS renovations, JP did them in waves at first but they all got done.

• Agree
Reactions: wclarson

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
This project’s “vision” for the NEZ was a failure from the beginning.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa

I have not heard anything about the NEZ concourse being scrapped. The NEZ project is "phase 2" of the project. The SPC needs to be completed before they can begin phase 2 (NEZ concourse, demo of the olson building, plaza). That isn't scheduled to begin until sometime in 2021, so I can't see them scrapping it just yet. However, things change - I'll see what I can find out.

Reactions: CYCLNST8

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
The original plan called for building new visitors locker rooms in the Jacobson Building (probably pink, right?) and once that is done they can come in and scrape off the original Olson building. It lasted almost 50 years so it's time has come. I'm really looking forward to the new Trice plaza, it will become a regular location for the annual College Gameday location. I'd love to see a 10 foot bronze statue of Jack Trice in the middle of the plaza, with a crushed hok under his cleats.

• Creative
Reactions: Dandy and Cycsk

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I'm really looking forward to the new Trice plaza, it will become a regular location for the annual College Gameday location. I'd love to see a 10 foot bronze statue of Jack Trice in the middle of the plaza, with a crushed hok under his cleats.

Even if they don't include the "crushed hok," we should add that on the night before the game!

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
I haven't seen if there are plans for the Jacobson building also. Is the Jacobson building going away or at least getting a facelift on the playing field side? It looks faded. Could use an upgrade there.

• Agree
Reactions: Lineup

GrappleCy

Aug 7, 2018
The original plan called for building new visitors locker rooms in the Jacobson Building (probably pink, right?) and once that is done they can come in and scrape off the original Olson building. It lasted almost 50 years so it's time has come. I'm really looking forward to the new Trice plaza, it will become a regular location for the annual College Gameday location. I'd love to see a 10 foot bronze statue of Jack Trice in the middle of the plaza, with a crushed hok under his cleats.

Uh. I'm not sure if you thought that one all the way through given the whole Jack Trice story.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
I haven't seen if there are plans for the Jacobson building also. Is the Jacobson building going away or at least getting a facelift on the playing field side? It looks faded. Could use an upgrade there.

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but I think what’s on the windows is probably just a wrap or decal. But I agree that it’s faded

• Agree
Reactions: Lineup and STATE12

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but I think what’s on the windows is probably just a wrap or decal. But I agree that it’s faded

I'd assume the same. Similar to what you see at fitness centers or commercial businesses that also provide a visual barrier to seeing into the space. Could definitely use a replacement to make it not look so worn out and tired.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa

I can confirm the NEZ concourse and is still a go and planned. The plaza I can not confirm but would not be surprised if they did everything but the plaza and a scaled back entrance.

Reactions: CYCLNST8

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I can confirm the NEZ concourse and is still a go and planned. The plaza I can not confirm but would not be surprised if they did everything but the plaza and a scaled back entrance.
Heard anything about when the Hilton renovations are suppose to begin?

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Heard anything about when the Hilton renovations are suppose to begin?

Design will start next year, probably summer or later. Athletics typically likes to do one major project at a time, wouldn't be surprised if the design starts in 2020 (or 2021) and it starts Spring 2021 (or 2022) as the SPC is making progress.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Design will start next year, probably summer or later. Athletics typically likes to do one major project at a time, wouldn't be surprised if the design starts in 2020 (or 2021) and it starts Spring 2021 (or 2022) as the SPC is making progress.
Ok, thanks.