Sign of a good Coach

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Couldn't we just trade coaches with Tumbleweed City aka Lubbock ....aka Texas Tech....LOL.....I really loved it when early in the game Chris Beard just reamed a player in front of the benchwarmers and all the tech player could do is NOD his HEAD saying Yes....Now thats a mbb coach....imho

• Funny
Reactions: WastedTalent

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
How many Elite 8s or Final Fours does Prohm have? You can have down years when you’ve had good success.

You can’t have this many down year’s with 1 Sweet 16 under your belt with the former coach’s players.

how many elite eights and final fours does Iowa State have in the 115 years they have played basketball?

Please list all of them. Here, I’ll even help, elite eight in 2000.

now you can list the rest of them. There must be several, right?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Couldn't we just trade coaches with Tumbleweed City aka Lubbock ....aka Texas Tech....LOL.....I really loved it when early in the game Chris Beard just reamed a player in front of the benchwarmers and all the tech player could do is NOD his HEAD saying Yes....Now thats a mbb coach....imho
Do people forget Fred was / still is one of the most laid back coaches in all of college basketball? You can show me a ton of coaches that ream their players and their teams succeed and I could show you just as many that use a different approach and still succeed.

• Agree
Reactions: CyBobby

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Do people forget Fred was / still is one of the most laid back coaches in all of college basketball? You can show me a ton of coaches that ream their players and their teams succeed and I could show you just as many that use a different approach and still succeed.

You really think that any of this is about personality?

• Dislike
Reactions: awd4cy and CyBobby

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa

I Agree there is more than one way to succeed as a mbb coach.....

ISUEmbassy

Jun 13, 2014
Was skimming through this thread...not really relevant to the thread but did someone say Lubbock is about 3 hours from Ft Worth? It's over 300 miles?! I guess, but that's haulin, even in TX

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
Was skimming through this thread...not really relevant to the thread but did someone say Lubbock is about 3 hours from Ft Worth? It's over 300 miles?! I guess, but that's haulin, even in TX
I was off by 90 minutes it appears. Technically it’s about, just farther north of that it appears. :D

• Useful
Reactions: CyBobby

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017

Anyone who has ever lived in Texas would tell you that those 300 + miles are like dog miles.

but none of that was really about how completely different west Texas is from the 35 corridor to begin with.

Beard was on both Bobby and pat knights staffs. He saw first hand what standards for coach behavior existed, if you win enough.

add that he is a brilliant coach, is well paid with that oil money, has no issues getting kids into school, and he knows he won’t ever have that anywhere else.

• Dislike
Reactions: awd4cy and CyBobby

omar34

Mar 8, 2017
No way both of those guys were ever coming back, Prohm had to expect at least one of them to leave that's just a cop out for Lewis and Griffin( the two highest recruited players on the team) not developing into even decent role players. If one of those guys lives up to their recruiting hype, this is a different team. Either they were misses in recruiting or the staff has failed to develop them in to big 12 players.
All coach fault, if I remember right it's the coach's job to make a player better! Don't work by sitting on the pine your freshman and sophomore yrs. Plus most of your junior year too! Lewis might as well transfer! Young might as well go the transfer route too! He should go back to California and play for UCLA he might actually learn something from their new coach from Cincinnati!

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
It’s cute you are so mad you’re following me around.

All because you posted something stupid and are mad for being made fun of for it.

With this dumb mindset, we can’t possibly have football success because we’ve historically been terrible. We can’t win a conference title or go to good bowl games because we haven’t done it before.

And we shouldn’t be stuck or stick with a below average coach for basketball.

Time to get over the loser mentality.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
With this dumb mindset, we can’t possibly have football success because we’ve historically been terrible. We can’t win a conference title or go to good bowl games because we haven’t done it before.

And we shouldn’t be stuck or stick with a below average coach for basketball.

Time to get over the loser mentality.

we haven’t had a transformational coach in football since the 70’s

people were always mad that their $200 donation didn’t get them preferential treatment

we have one now, who happens to absolutely love the ad he works for.

the issue is that there is a certain reality. And that is that unless there’s a scandal or some other school hires him, Steve prohm is going to be the head coach at Iowa State next year. Whether you or I like it or not.

If you love your school, you have to hope he figures it out. Otherwise, if you can’t and his existence bothers you as much as it does for some on here, you’re choosing to be miserable over a college sport played by kids.

• Dislike
Reactions: awd4cy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron