Missouri Dual

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Anyone else watching this ? Small did not look good . Really not a fan of taking half the starters .

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Whats the reason for not wrestling all starters?

CY74

Oct 27, 2019
I would be pissed if I was mizzou but I can’t blame dresser for playing the game to our guys advantage.

That and screw mizzou.

Missouri had at least 1 wrestler at the Gilbert tournament also, so they are not any different.

• Agree
Reactions: CyGold

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
I would be pissed if I was mizzou but I can’t blame dresser for playing the game to our guys advantage.

That and screw mizzou.

to be fair, Mizzou also had a guy at the last chance qualifier going to get an allocation. Gotta do what you gotta do to get your conference the spots

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
I understand the logic but taking a dual loss so our guys can stay home and not wrestle and get credit for it is not competing. Sports are not supposed to be like this. It's sad. Not killing Dresser as much as I am saying the sport is currently broken

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I understand the logic but taking a dual loss so our guys can stay home and not wrestle and get credit for it is not competing. Sports are not supposed to be like this. It's sad. Not killing Dresser as much as I am saying the sport is currently broken

That's why wrestling isn't a team sport. It's an individual sport that that keeps team points.

csteve

Feb 11, 2011
It is definitely not a good look for the sport. Coaches are trying to make every effort to put an exciting product on the mat for duals. I understand why the decisions were made. Time for the NCAA to look at the allocation system as it is currently flawed!

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
Stayed home to improve their allocation status for Nationals .

Is that why the NDSU wrestling team bus flew by us on Highway 20 near Fort Dodge around 2:00? The Bison herd was in a hurry! I know they wrestle tomorrow. Dang long drive. .

Edit: I see that NDSU wrestled at SDSU on Friday night & won the Border Bell trophy, 19-18. Probably left from there on Saturday morning, but still made good time with that bus driver!! Brutal ride home for them after the meet tonight. (Hopefully with a Bison loss!!)

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: alabamacyclone

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Dresser has mentioned about the need to have more importance for duals at the end of the year. I agree with him and think it would enhance the importance of duals and make it more of a team sport. But right now it’s all about doing what you can to get an individual to the NCAAs

Reactions: Scott34

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Until the NCAA creates a dual championship, duals will continue to not matter. They are simply a series of scored exhibition matches that might influence conference tournament seeding.

• Agree
Reactions: alabamacyclone

Newell

Aug 6, 2013
Grant Leeth & Punke and 1 other, I think
Punke and Leeth are not currently starters. I was at the meet and I was surprised to see Iowa State not using some top 10 wrestlers. I anticipated a very competitive dual meet.

Missouri had the state wrestling tournament next door at Mizzou arena Saturday and a big crowd. If the Cyclones are trying to recruit the state of Missouri that wasn't a good look.

It was good to see Willie Miklus again. I met his dad once in CoMO. Sad what happened to him.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron