This is why Prohm must go........

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
then you should have been happy last year. There were many times when this team was playing a fun style of basketball and winning. In Hawaii. During January (KU, Mississippi especially). In the Big 12 tournament. I get annoyed with those that act like last year was a total disaster. It wasn’t.

It was a disaster in my opinion, you had 3 NBA level guys on the team and got tossed in the 1st round of the tournament. Who cares about beating KU at home. That should be the expectation not something to hang our hats on after a lackluster post season. The big 12 tournament is great but we had the talent to win the regular season too. We beat the number one team at their place then lost to freaking iowa, Arizona, baylor twice, and tcu.

• Creative
Reactions: Macloney

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
It was a disaster in my opinion, you had 3 NBA level guys on the team and got tossed in the 1st round of the tournament. Who cares about beating KU at home. That should be the expectation not something to hang our hats on after a lackluster post season. The big 12 tournament is great but we had the talent to win the regular season too. We beat the number one team at their place then lost to freaking iowa, Arizona, baylor twice, and tcu.

Is Wigginton one of your 3 NBA level guys?

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Haliburton is but wigginton played for a summer league team and signed a 10 day nba contract with the wolves so technically he had an nba contract so it was 4 nba guys. Thanks for the help.

So just two last year? Got it.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
So now you're saying haliburton doesn't have nba talent? Which is it? 2 guys that were drafted from the team yes. But I said nba level guys.

Hali wasn't an NBA level guy last year. Wigginton isn't either.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Haliburton is but wigginton played for a summer league team and signed a 10 day nba contract with the wolves so technically he had an nba contract so it was 4 nba guys. Thanks for the help.

How many minutes have they played. The "NBA guys" thing is overused. One guy was drafted on his potential and age, two have had a cup of coffee in the NBA and the other will be drafted on potential.

• Winner
Reactions: Macloney

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
It was a disaster in my opinion, you had 3 NBA level guys on the team and got tossed in the 1st round of the tournament.

And Texas Tech has 2 guys on 2 ways right now and one playing minutes in the nba and 2 others that are playing in the g league. They had more NBA talent than us if you want to look at it all that way. Nothing will ever be good enough for some of you. I definitely want more than this season but to call last season a disaster is being a drama queen.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: isu83 and Macloney

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
How many minutes have they played. The "NBA guys" thing is overused. One guy was drafted on his potential and age, two have had a cup of coffee in the NBA and the other will be drafted on potential.
You cant have it both ways people, you cannot argue that prohm is a great recruiter then say the guys he got aren't that good. So which is it? Did the team have ok talent and did what I thought or the had tons of talent and under achieved?

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
And Texas Tech has 2 guys on 2 ways right now and one playing minutes in the nba and 2 others that are playing in the g league. They had more NBA talent than us if you want to look at it all that way. Nothing will ever be good enough for some of you. I definitely want more than this season but to call last season a disaster is being a drama queen.
So last year was fine for you? You would take that every year? Never wanting more than a 1st round bounce?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
You cant have it both ways people, you cannot argue that prohm is a great recruiter then say the guys he got aren't that good. So which is it? Did the team have ok talent and did what I thought or the had tons of talent and under achieved?

Do you get how the NBA draft works in the case of THT? He was drafted solely on his age and his potential, not production. One guy is in the NBA based off what he produced at college - Shayok. That's it. Wigginton? His athleticism and residual HS clout. If he's a 3 star kid with 6 inches less vertical with the same production, leaving early isn't even close to an option. Haliburton will be drafted on his size and again, potential in the future. Not what he is today and he's in a downright awful draft class. If it's an average one he probably has a decision to make.

This isn't rocket science. Not all "NBA level" players are equal.

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
So hes
Do you get how the NBA draft works in the case of THT? He was drafted solely on his age and his potential, not production. One guy is in the NBA based off what he produced at college - Shayok. That's it. Wigginton? His athleticism and residual HS clout. If he's a 3 star kid with 6 inches less vertical with the same production, leaving early isn't even close to an option. Haliburton will be drafted on his size and again, potential in the future. Not what he is today and he's in a downright awful draft class. If it's an average one he probably has a decision to make.

This isn't rocket science. Not all "NBA level" players are equal.
So hes not a good recruiter and we had ok talent. Got it

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
So last year was fine for you? You would take that every year? Never wanting more than a 1st round bounce?

The tournament is a crapshoot. Making it counts. What you do throughout a whole season counts. Getting bounced in the first round as a middle seed isn't an indicator that the season is a failure. I have much more of a problem with the month stretch at the end of the regular season than I do the tournament.

Help Support Us

Become a patron