To early to look at next years roster ??

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
Fire Coach Prohm if there is any chance of becoming relevant again. I love coach Prohm but the fact that we don’t even know who is going to be our point guard says everything you need to know about the direction of this program. If I’m not mistaken, Coach Prohm was supposed to be the PG guru that sends lottery picks to the league so with my ignorant expectations, I would think kids should be fighting to play for him right? How can a program like ISU, after being a big boy basketball team, be now scraping for PG? This is Iowa State, not Iowa. As Much as I like coach Prohm, surely someone out there who’s not biased should be having the same questions about our coaches ability in this league. I wish coach Prohm success and whatever the issues are, he better find answers soon. Paul Rhoads survived long in Ames because Fred was winning and for whatever reason, Paul convinced everyone that he can only recruit rejects after Texas, Oklahoma and everyone got what they wanted. Campbell proved Paul wrong and we are winning with dominance. We are not scared of Oklahoma, we pees on Techs heads at will. We give Oklahoma hell anytime we play them. In short we are legit Coach. Prohm cannot sale Rhoads crap here because Fred already proved that ISU basketball can be legit. So coach Prohm needs to pull up his socks and start delivering or the seat will start to warm up really quick. NB: I’m losing a lot of money going to strip clubs hoping to escape the bad ISU team, I’m running low on cash, can Prohm start delivering please? I want to stay home and watch ISU. Thank you.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
TH getting hurt I think actually helps his chances in returning to ISU next year.

During recruiting last Fall, wasn't it Blackwell who stated part of his excitement toward ISU was getting to play with Tyrese? It may be kinda crazy to think a guy is going to delay a multi-million dollar payday for another year at ISU, but then President Hillary says, "Don't count your chickens...."

On the other hand, it could be argued that getting hurt will make him think, "I gotta get outta here while I still have an arm left to play NBA ball!"

Reactions: isu83

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Fire Coach Prohm if there is any chance of becoming relevant again. I love coach Prohm but the fact that we don’t even know who is going to be our point guard says everything you need to know about the direction of this program. If I’m not mistaken, Coach Prohm was supposed to be the PG guru that sends lottery picks to the league so with my ignorant expectations, I would think kids should be fighting to play for him right? How can a program like ISU, after being a big boy basketball team, be now scraping for PG? This is Iowa State, not Iowa. As Much as I like coach Prohm, surely someone out there who’s not biased should be having the same questions about our coaches ability in this league. I wish coach Prohm success and whatever the issues are, he better find answers soon. Paul Rhoads survived long in Ames because Fred was winning and for whatever reason, Paul convinced everyone that he can only recruit rejects after Texas, Oklahoma and everyone got what they wanted. Campbell proved Paul wrong and we are winning with dominance. We are not scared of Oklahoma, we pees on Techs heads at will. We give Oklahoma hell anytime we play them. In short we are legit Coach. Prohm cannot sale Rhoads crap here because Fred already proved that ISU basketball can be legit. So coach Prohm needs to pull up his socks and start delivering or the seat will start to warm up really quick. NB: I’m losing a lot of money going to strip clubs hoping to escape the bad ISU team, I’m running low on cash, can Prohm start delivering please? I want to stay home and watch ISU. Thank you.
Next season our PG will be Bolton, Jackson, or a JUCO/GT. Prohm got the PG he wanted in the 2020 Class in Walker and is currently sending a PG to the NBA as a Lottery Pick who alot of people questioned because he was a skinny 3 Star PG. Prohm still has not lost my trust when it comes to PG.

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
Next season our PG will be Bolton, Jackson, or a JUCO/GT. Prohm got the PG he wanted in the 2020 Class in Walker and is currently sending a PG to the NBA as a Lottery Pick who alot of people questioned because he was a skinny 3 Star PG. Prohm still has not lost my trust when it comes to PG.
Hope what you are saying is true and hopefully it works out that way.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
I assume you mean Conditt and Foster with our two tallest offensive weapons.

I agree with you I think if they pass Young then Solo would come off the bench and accept that role. While I hope that's the case, I'm skeptical. I also think people somewhat forget how good Solo has been recently and in the past when fully healthy. I love the potential of both Conditt and Foster, but I right now I don't see either on the trajectory to pass Young.

What I listed above was my most likely scenario. If we want to talk wish list then...

Starting
RayQuawndis Mitchell - PG - I really know nothing about him, but it's funner to put in a name than JuCo PG and his name is pretty fun.
Bolton - SG - continue to shoot like he has, but add a midrange floater as an option when attacking the basket.
Blackwell SF - Steps right on campus and demands a starting role. I like Tre Jackson a lot, but our rotations work out a little better if Blackwell steps in here imo.
Foster - PF - His HS shooting from 3 translates and even improves a tick when he has time with a college staff and he proves to be the elite defender we hoped.
Conditt - C - He takes the next step and finds consistency on both ends.

Off the bench
Jackson - steps up into a consistent three point shooter and solid defender
Johnson - Solid piece off the bench, pushes hard for a starting spot but Blackwell is too good.
Griffin - Similar story to Johnson
Young - solid guy we are used to gets plenty of minutes off the bench

Others - T-Lew, Grill, Darlinstone and Walker look solid, but just can't get into the rotation.

Oh and we should include coaching staff as well if it's a wishlist.

Prohm adds someone that can act as a defensive coordinator and build a strong defensive scheme. There's pieces above that I think have a ton of potential on that end, but need the right guy on the staff to unlock it.
What coaches are helping ANY of our players shoot the 3 better this year?

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
The one benefit of Halliburton's injury is the coaching staff has the ability to get extended game evaluation of Terrence Lewis and Zion Griffin. If the staff doesn't think they can be among our top 8 or 9 players next year, ON AN NCAA TOURNAMENT CALIBER TEAM, then IMO a realistic conversation needs to happen at year-end and maybe they should seek playing opportunities elsewhere.

Just as important as recruiting to create 2 deep competition at each position going into 2020/21, Coach Prohm needs to evaluate what type of culture gives ISU the best chance to be a consistent NCAA Tournament Team.

Here is my lineup with starters first. I hope some freshman can make an immediate impact, but I won't pencil in any as starters.

PG (New Recruit) / Tre Jackson [I think he will be a solid PG. He could be a player who explodes between year 1 & 2]
CG Bolton / Grill
WG Johnson / Blackstone / Dubar
PF [New Recruit] / Foster
PF Conditt / Young

- Development Year: Walker (I don't think he has the benefit of guys like Halliburton or Morris who could start as true frosh and be a complimentary player to guys like Weiler-Babb or Kane)
- 1 Transfer Out ?: Lewis or Griffin

IMO our 2 biggest recruiting needs for the spring are:
  • Elite PG from JUCO or Grad Transfer. Must be good shooter, great assist man and stud on-ball defender
  • PF from most likely JUCO or maybe immediate eligible transfer. A kid who is tough, explosive player, a rebound machine. We are missing a player like Hogue, Gilchrist, Godfrey

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
What coaches are helping ANY of our players shoot the 3 better this year?

After a horrific start in conference play we have.....

Bolton 38%
TH 42%
Zion 36%
Tre 42%

Once a few guys loosened up we it isn’t that we are a bad shooting team, it’s that the coaching staff kept allowing bad shooters to shoot.

Nixon 15% (3rd highest attempts)
Jacobson 20%
Grill 7%

• Agree
Reactions: CySmurf

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
TH getting hurt I think actually helps his chances in returning to ISU next year.
It actually rapidly increases the odds that he’s gone. Will next years team be worse than this one? Probably...will Prohm get fired? God I ******* hope so

• Agree
Reactions: brett108

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
If this team does not figure how to play even a sliver of defense it will be the same thing all over again.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I’ll predict Blackwell never makes it to campus, and Foster plays a lot and starts as next year goes on.