Tyrese out for the year

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids

So yeah, doubt that Big 12 tournament run is happening this year. Not that it would with him, but yeah.

Kurttr

Mar 19, 2006
He should have stopped playing a couple weeks ago. He was trending towards being a lottery pick. Why risk getting injured while still playing for this bad team? Hope his draft stock doesn't fall.
Tough one for him and the team. You can tell he really cares - was leading the cheers from the bench Sat. night.

I don't see how this will hurt his stock. We weren't going to make the tourney, and he kept rising up boards as the years' gone along - in the top 5 for some. The NBA knows what he is. I think he has much he could still improve upon, but he does a lot well 7 if he's already a lottery pick to many, I don't see how missing the last 10 games will hurt him - assuming the injury isn't expected to be a chronic thing.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
He should have stopped playing a couple weeks ago. He was trending towards being a lottery pick. Why risk getting injured while still playing for this bad team? Hope his draft stock doesn't fall.

Why even pay attention to college basketball if you disrespect and devalue it this much?

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Why even pay attention to college basketball if you disrespect and devalue it this much?
I doubt his opinion stays the same if the season wasn't a lost cause already. There's no reason for someone with the NBA stock he has to keep playing for a team that's done on Wednesday of the Big 12 tournament. If we were good that's a completely different story

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I doubt his opinion stays the same if the season wasn't a lost cause already. There's no reason for someone with the NBA stock he has to keep playing for a team that's done on Wednesday of the Big 12 tournament. If we were good that's a completely different story
Tyrese is a good teammate. Good teammates do not quit on their team even when times are bad. That is why he is respected by his teammates.

Last edited:

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Ridiculous discussion here. No way quitting on your team doesn't hurt your draft stock. The NBA is looking for a good teammate not just a good player. Of course Haliburton wouldn't do that. So sad to see the injury. If this hurts his stock I hope selfishly he comes back.

• Dislike
Reactions: titleist

titleist

Dec 31, 2008
Ames
Ridiculous discussion here. No way quitting on your team doesn't hurt your draft stock. The NBA is looking for a good teammate not just a good player. Of course Haliburton wouldn't do that. So sad to see the injury. If this hurts his stock I hope selfishly he comes back.
He didn't quit on his team. He's hurt and needs to heal.
He shouldn't have played in that second half. That was just foolish and pride getting in the way.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
He shouldn't have played in that second half. That was just foolish and pride getting in the way.
It's a young man with a lot of heart. He tried, he realized he couldn't do it, and he had coach pull him. I respect his courage.

• Winner
Reactions: flycy and NWICY

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

no one is suggesting that not playing in the second half would have been quitting on the team. Some idiot suggested he should have called it a season a few weeks ago because the team sucked.

listen to tyrese’s interview from today. That’s a kid that wants to play. That’s a kid who is devastated he can’t play. He’s a kid who would have read dandy’s comments and been insulted that he thought so little of him.

as far as playing in the second half, again, it doesn’t sound like it hurt anything. He said he wanted to give it a try.

Reactions: flycy and NWICY

titleist

Dec 31, 2008
Ames
It didn't hurt anything but it was pretty obvious that his bad hand was useless as soon as he got the ball. I'm actually glad he's not playing now that the season is gone. Give the freshmen more game time hoping it helps for next year.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
He was responding to someone who was saying that Tyrese should have quit playing a couple of weeks ago (long before he broke his wrist) because "there is no point in a lottery pick playing for a bad team". Never mind that most lottery picks end up on bad teams in the Association.