Attn Surly: Breaking Sean Snyder news

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
I've heard rumors that he will be announced as a special teams "analyst" for the Nebraska Cornhuskers...if so, should be finalized next week.

Not all that important to us...but he does generate news.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I imagine that's been....odd (?) for Sean...to basically be in Manhattan since college, coaching in your dad's stadium, deep roots, etc to just move across the country. Clearly still wants to coach and there isn't a role on current staff (and I also get why Klineman may not want that "hovering" over him). BUT, I suppose Klineman also knows that is part of that gig (having Bill around, etc).

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
After the K-State/ISU game, I started a post on your football page suggesting ISU hire Sean Snyder to coach what looked to be a woeful special teams unit. At that time there was no evidence he was leaving Manhattan. He later interviewed at Nebraska and Texas but ended up at USC.

Sean Snyder will replace John Baxter at USC under head coach Clay Helton. Special teams was not a strong suit for the Trojans last season, and Baxter was dismissed a day after the team lost to Iowa in the Holiday Bowl. The Snyder family has a connection to USC.

“You want your special teams to be special,” USC coach Clay Helton said in September. He then offered a vote of confidence in Baxter, who had been Helton’s only special teams coordinator.

Under Snyder’s tutelage, Kansas State’s special teams were long considered among the nation’s best. According to Football Outsiders, the Wildcats ranked among the nation’s top 25 in special teams efficiency every year from 2014 to 2017.
LATimes

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
After the K-State/ISU game, I started a post on your football page suggesting ISU hire Sean Snyder to coach what looked to be a woeful special teams unit. At that time there was no evidence he was leaving Manhattan. He later interviewed at Nebraska and Texas but ended up at USC.

Sean Snyder will replace John Baxter at USC under head coach Clay Helton. Special teams was not a strong suit for the Trojans last season, and Baxter was dismissed a day after the team lost to Iowa in the Holiday Bowl. The Snyder family has a connection to USC.

“You want your special teams to be special,” USC coach Clay Helton said in September. He then offered a vote of confidence in Baxter, who had been Helton’s only special teams coordinator.

Under Snyder’s tutelage, Kansas State’s special teams were long considered among the nation’s best. According to Football Outsiders, the Wildcats ranked among the nation’s top 25 in special teams efficiency every year from 2014 to 2017.
LATimes

source.gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron